• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

FM Get Together Results - Madison Lake

Well, another South Central MN Forum Get Together is in the books and what a great day it was! Despite the wind and tough fishing conditions this morning, the fish really came out to play in the afternoon. Several nice walleyes, largemouth bass and bluegills were boated throughout the afternoon hours and into the evening. Most of the fish were caught trolling and pitching crank baits in 2 - 6' of water at the top side of the "first break" adjacent to rock and gravel transitions that were still holding some weed stubble. For those of you that chose not to attend or left after our lunch break, you really missed out!

Thanks for all those who donated food, etc and for all of you who attended. This time together is truly something special and we will continue to do these as long as we maintain and grow more interest.

Pictures to follow!

Definitely a great day to be on the water catching some F-A-T fall walleyes! (and bass and 'gills) A little on the chilly side, but when the fish are biting, you just don't feel it as much. wink.gif

It was nice meeting a few new faces once again and seeing some familiar ones too. This forum has some awefully good people in it and it shows at the get-togethers.

Trolling and casting cranks and rattletraps ruled the roost today. You folks will want to stay tuned for the pics when TO gets them up. wink.gifgrin.gif

Sounds like a great day on the water. Wish I could have been there but a couple of football games for the kids take priority. T.O., thanks for the pics - looks like the feedbag was on today. It is nice when you are rewarded for fishing in the elements. Somehow the cold and wind just seem to disappear. Great job!

We missed you zepman! It was an awesome day on the water. Some "sample photos" will be coming up shortly. I guess my updated avatar can serve as a sneak preview. smirk.gif

Well, Jeremy and I ended up heading back early. Neither one of us felt all that great and I'm still feeling sort of sick today. I wish I could have stayed longer but it'll have to wait until one of the winter Get Togethers...

Here's some of the pictures that Team Otter sent me...

MadisonFM.JPG

MadisonFM3.JPG

MadisonFM4.JPG

MadisonFM2-600x450.jpg

MadisonFM5-600x450.jpg

Glad to see some fish were caught, and some nice ones at that!

Looks to me like I missed some nicer fish and a good time.Cold was the ticket in the North Dakota land also.We killed and missed one very nice buck due to bad luck. frown.gif

Thanks, T.O. It was a fun day which started slow and kept getting better.

Matt, I missed you. Hope all is well.

Dan

Ok, I'll ask. How big is that Walleye your holding up T,O. You have small fingers or that is a vary big Walleye. grin.gif

Matt to bad you didn't feel well. There were a lot of nice bass cought also. I quit counting there were so many. You know what it's like when your fishing Walleyes and you end up with more Sheephead then Eye's, well that is how the Large mouth Bass were biting. I didn't know they liked tail dancers so much. confused.gif

Tom and I had a good time. It was nice, looking for the fish in the AM, and then getting togather, putting the crosshairs on the spot and going at it as a team. How often can you ask what color someone is using as you troll my there boat, end your trolling run, switch to that color, troll back and catch a dubble 17" eye and 17" bass right next to there boat. It was like a class room on the water. smile.gif

Thank you all for the information that you shared.

Looks like the Mrs and I left too eary. Oh well.

It was cool meeting some of yous guys. Hopefully we can catch up to each other on the ice sometime.

That was awesome Muddog watching you and Tom hook up simultaneously on those fish. There always seemed to be someone catching a fish on a pass. One time TO and I would be trolling along and you guys hooked up on that double, then we'd troll by DanJ and hook up on a fish, then another time we trolled by DanJ and he was hooked up on a fish.

A wide variety of colors worked that day. It didn't seem as though the fish were "stuck" on any one color. Chrome & silver caught maybe the most numbers, but green/silver, perch color & firetiger, red/black....many different colors worked. It almost seemed you had to keep changing colors to pick up a fish.

Live bait really didn't do much on the 'eyes though. TO and I tried it in the morning with nothing to put in the boat, plus in the afternoon I noticed other boats around that were using live bait coming up empty handed.

Can't wait to get out there again, but this weekend is looking a little "ducky", so I might have to get my fix on that. wink.gif

By the way TO...did you find a snell rig in your boat? Unloading the other night I noticed my line was cut on one of my rods. confused.gif Also, if you're ever feeling a little "ducky" yourself, just let me know.