• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hmmm...no posts

Usually no posts in this forum means the bite is on....that's why no one is here to post anything! cool.gif

Well...from what I have experienced...there is no bite what so ever. My wife and I just spent the weekend in Spicer, and fished Green. The only thing I got, was a smally out of about 32 fow. That was for about 12 hrs on the water. I have tried Belle & Minnebelle too....I got the same thing there...nothing. Talk about bite...

I was out about 1.5 weeks ago and reported on my afternoon at Erie, but that's the last time I've fished in the Hutch area. Was on a lake near Mankato with some guys and we tied into a number of nice walleyes ranging from 18" - 22" with one boasting a very hefty 28.5". It was a crankbait and rattletrap bite trolling and retrieving around 1.5 - 2mph in 2' - 6' of water over gravel & rocks. Water temps were from 42 degrees on the south end of the lake to 49 degrees on the north end.

Not that the Mankato area is close to Hutch at all, but wanted to mention that crankbaits and rattletraps in shallow over gravel produced pretty well...and it was a daytime bite.

HutchBucks, I agree, no posts in the Hutch forum means no one is LOOKING for the bite, they've already found it. I havent even got out latley, too much hunting to do, especially with pheasants open now, I think this area is one of the best in the state for roosters this year. Couple that with a bunch of ducks being around and having to at least show up a few days a week at work, man there just isnt enough time in the fall to get it all covered.

I better plan on getting out before deer season or it might not be till early ice. We shot 8 roosters saturday so I guess we can afford to get out to Collinwood, since it is only about a mile away from my house.

If this is the best area in the state for pheasants than the rest of the state must be pretty bad! I may not even buy a license this year here as I have better stuff to hunt out west...way out west. I suppose it would be different if some private land is available to hunt.....that whole "who you know" thing is prevalent around here and the WMA's are laughable.

I hope to get the boat out this weekend if the weather cooperates but I'm not holding my breath. I haven't heard a thing about the 'bite' lately.

Combining corn, shot a deer sat. night, and building bunks in the new fish house dosen't leave too much time for fishing this last weekend.

Not to mention a person could be duck hunting, pheasant hunting, goose hunting, heading up north to hunt grouse - wow I love fishing as much as the next guy but I fish hard for 9 months and hunt hard for 3 - Ohhh when I bring down the lottery I will post a different story.

went to Jennie tonight, and guess what...I have got to be the worlds worst fisherman. I can't get a bite for nothing. Raps, lindy, big minnow, small minnow, worms, 3fow, 12fow, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11. I have tried and tried...no fall bite for me this year. I think it's time to put it all away and get ready for ice fish'in.

P.S. I might be willing to let someone show me what the heck I am doing wrong. smile.gif

LIMITOUT-I didnt say THE best, I said ONE of the best, seems like there was a much better hatch around here than other places. I do pheasant hunt almost strictly private land though. We dont hit much public throughout the year, maybee after all the corn is out.

Dave, maybee try a different time of day??? I dont know.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      thats great to hear regarding the lake levels!!!!!!
    • Kettle
      On an off light precipitation today. Hoping the weather this weekend will be nice so I can get out and crappie fish and check the weather. My yard has standing water and the driveway is a mess. Lot of lakes are near standard water levels which is good. Heard they are done stripping eggs on cut foot. Shaping up to be a good opener. Last year fished open water 60+ days and 28 different lakes. Hopefully bump both those numbers up this year
    • rundrave
      I don't think its 100% accurate, you are just relying on other average joes to report precipitation. But I think most numbers there are right in the ball park, especially when you see consistency among multiple reports in a general area.   It's probably more accurate than what the weather terrorists say on the news  which usually only reports metro areas. cocorahs is good for getting rural area reports you just might not have as many reports to go off of
    • smurfy
      i like this site!!!!!  👍 thanks rundave......its in my favorites!!!!!!
    • leech~~
      Thanks Mike.  I've been looking at bags of it for years but never wanted to chance wasting good meat on it.  I have a gas and charcoal grills, but really love the flavor of charcoal over gas. Most of the time it's if we have time to use one or the other.  
    • leech~~
    • rundrave
      Leech is missed
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big open water, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  The bays and tributaries of LOW such as Zippel Bay, Bostic Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  The lake is in good shape for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. The many bays and backwaters of the lake have been receiving attention from spring pike anglers.  Some pike have already entered the bays, spawned and gone back out to the lake, but there are still a pile of fish to be had.   The pike season on LOW is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one fish allowed more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. On the Rainy River...  Another great week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  The bite has been very good and lots of fish of all sizes are being boated.     Sturgeon are being caught from Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River all the way to Birchdale, about 42 miles.  There are many boat ramps along the river to make life easy.  Starting from the east going west...   -Nelson Park at Birchdale (About 30 miles east of Baudette) -Frontier (9 miles west of Birchdale) -Vidas (Near Clementson Rapids) -Timbermill Park (East Baudette) -Peace Park (International Drive, Baudette) -Wheeler's Point (mouth of Rainy River)  The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Up at the NW Angle...  The Angle is ice free.  Resorts are gearing up for the fishing opener which is expected to be excellent.  The late ice bite was very good and the walleyes are in good numbers amongst the islands area of the NW Angle.  
    • smurfy
      oh you know where i mean..........where all your friends are!!!!!!!🤗
    • Mike89
      Charcoal Briquettes are great for low and slow cooking as they produce long-lasting heat. Lump Charcoal burns hotter and adds more flavour to your food; therefore is great for hot and fast cooking.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.