• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saturday Night Wind

minnesotatuff

the weather reports show west winds at about 5mph starting just before sunset. with it blowing as hard as it has the last couple of days, the baitfish have got to be collected with the walleyes eating...

im writing this in hopes it will motivate me to get up there tomorrow.

i have put in at eddy's the last few times and fished that area. however, in years past i have gotten in on some great bites on the east and northeast side. its been a while though. with circumstances working out the way it looks like it is going to, i would save some travel time by putting in somewhere along the east side... ive got a 1890 warrior and with the low water im more cautious than ever. does anyone know if there is a really good access on the east side with deep enough water for an ol'foughy to navigate into the lake?

so, i know im not putting the boat up. hopefully it will be a few weeks yet for that. but, im still hoping for that little spark to ignite the eternal engine deep down inside.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Mnstuff, I'm heading up also tomorrow night to the east side. I'm going to try Hunters shocked.gif I hope it's deep enough. Agate resort is Ok I stayed there last weekend, but I just called there to book a room and they might be closed. We'll see if they call me back. Other than that it's slim pickens. I have a 2050 Skeeter brand new and I'm nervous also. Nothing like the sound of a rock on the bottom of that glass boat mad.gif There has to be fish just stacked on the East shore after all this west wind.

Good Luck

Skeetman

Hey Minnstuff, I have a few questions for you about your 1890. I picked up a used 06 a few weeks ago, and would like to share some info with you. When you have time drop me an email so we can chat(would be appr.) Good luck on the big pond this week-end.

thanks skeetman,

if you can put your boat in, mine will be just fine. do you know for sure you can put yours in? how is the path out into the lake? guess i better spend some time viewing the lakemaster chip. i think the resorts are on there? otherwise, i know about where they are.

im still not completely into going, but ive been slowly getting things ready...haha. maybe we'll see ya up there. it would be pretty hard to miss you...

good luck!

regards,

minnesotatuff

Guys,I put in out of hunters last week.Its shallow as you head out past the rock barrier,but not impassable.Stay close to the barrier as you pass it and head straight out,it drops off pretty quick.Also,I did see several 2050 skeeters and ranger 620s going out there ,just trim that motor way up for the first 100 yards .youll be fine......Good luck.....

Rodmaker, I went up wtih intentions of putting in at Hunters. Waited for the wind that was suppose to die down Sat night. Never happened so we went and landed at Eddys since the weekend before the wind took allot of out of me. Trolled for a few hours at Indian Point and nothing. Had one of the worst outings of the year with getting to close to the rocks. frown.gif I'll leave it at that.

Talked to a few guys at the landing who bobber fished in 28' of water south of Eddys and did well. We tried that first but never had a bite so we went out to Indian Point.

The people I had talked to at Hunters said they have been doing well trolling.

If the wind is ok I'll try again maybe on Friday night.

Skeetman

Skeetman,

Thanks for the report. I can't find anyone with any results on the East Side. I'll watch your new post. I would like to head up Thurs for the day bite.

Agate, Is closed till winter, talked to the owner last night when we put in. There is a pay box, there were 3 trucks there and he checked the box? No one put the $10 in there. He was so mad.

Very sad that they can use his access but not pay especially when the situation is what it is with very few good spots to land. Hunters is ok but with a west wind blowing in it can be tricky not hitting a rock when you go down between the wave. I wish on Sat night I would have known that he still lets you use the landing even though it's closed I would have landed there.

Skeetman.

so its still ok to use agate as long as you pay? i really am trying hard to make it up there on friday or saturday. ill have to wait to see what the weather situation is going to be for the best place to put in. skeetman, i hope you didnt bottom out that new boat. it sounds like the weeds might be the place to try now. 3 weeks ago they were still tall and not much action. thanks 18 for the pic of your crawdad...similar thinking, sometimes similar luck. as long as the roads arent salty, im not putting the boat up.

regards,

minnesotatuff

Yes Mnstuff you can land at Agate. And yes I did bottom out a little bit. blush.gif Small gouge in bottom however there was scratches from factory that they will have to fix this winter so they will fix this with with it for free. Could have been worse. My kicker prop to the most of it. I'm heading up Thur nite you should try to head up then the wind is suppose to be the calm for the only time this weekend it sounds like. Also snow crazy.gif Who knows with the weatherman. Last weekend was suppose to be calm to! mad.gif

skeetman,

its good news your boat will get fixed by the dealer.

i just checked all the weather and wind sites i have. tomorrow night looks pretty good, but i think friday might be better. thats what im shooting for. ill try to get there and be fishing by 4 or sooner, and stay until midnight or later...you know it just depends...haha.

the temps are cool this time of year, but its not hard to think ahead a couple of months, then realize, its still pretty nice! gotta dress for anything.

good luck to you. im sure we'll run into each other sometime on the lake.

regards,

minnesotatuff