• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Anyone get out this weekend? I was out Thursday and Friday night and it was slow. Last night I fished until about 11:00 picked up 5 and kept 3. It seems as though the fish just are not in shallow like they were 2-3 weeks ago.

Fishing on Minnewaska has been good for quite awhile. Like always, it's just a matter of finding them. Reports last week were good at night and those who were fishing in wind during the day have been doing good with crankbaits with fish from 15 to 23-inches common, as well as some bigger fish. It's only going to get better the cooler the water temps get. I wouldn't let wind and light rain deter you from fishing during the day. Fish the windy side with crankbaits and jigs in and near the weeds during the day shallow first, and then move right to the breaks if you're not finding fish (jig and a minnow) or a Lindy/redtail/shiner. Don't overlook the weeds shallow with cranks at mid-day, especially if the wind is really blowing. The night bite can be very good vertical jigging and slip-bobbering (anchored) in 13 ft., right at the weed edge. You'll see boats before dark but very few once the sun sets. Typically the bite doesn't get going really good until about 9 p.m. using a jig with shiners and fatheads, and/or, slip-bobbering with a glow hook (demon) and a shiner right up until it freezes. As a rule, some of the best fishing is from 9 p.m. to 12 a.m. It's dark and the later in the season it gets, really cold. But more times than not, it's really worth it. Fun lake in the fall.