• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jiggin stock car racing and fishing

Jim I noticed on your bio that you are a stock car fan also.Tonight at the Alexandria fall classic I had the pleasure to sit with Lou Fegars ,his lovely wife and their son.They live on Lake Minnetonka and expressed the excellant fishing they have enjoyed for years.Got to pick Lous very brite racing mind and found out that he started racing in 1949 at where Sargent Field now stands in Chicago.Thier grandson was racing tonight and they were telling me which cars and drivers at the races were built by them or used to race for them.This was a great experience for me.told them how much fun I have had fishing the lilly pads in front of thier home after they described where they lived.Saw your relly dale too.Second time ran into him at Alex this season.Maybe a fishing venture with what I call a racing legend would be fun Eh!Small world after we discussed people in common from the area they live in.Kind of makes the crossover between fishing and racing more comfortable for me.

Prime, Most of my race watching now comes in my den. More fun being there, but then we don't have many drag boat( freaky fast fishermen) races around here. I took my wife to her first stock car race in Redwood Falls. She grew up there and never went to any of the races. I brother-in-law lives 6 blocks from the track in Alex. I had guide trips on the friday and saturday, in the cities. A gentleman from Texas, wanted to learn more about walleye fishing. Has only 1 lake 50 miles from his home that has walleyes in it. Showed he a few things to try, He really enjoyed the fishing here in Minnesota. He caught his first ever walleye and smallmouth. Says "I'm coming here again, this fishing is fun". On the water at 7:00am, left around 4:30pm. smile.gif fishing all day life is good.