• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

cost of mount

How much will it cost about to get a ringneck mounted. Also I've heard that if a duck still has pin feathers that they will fall out after a couple of years is this true or false. Thanks in advance.

haven't heard anything about the pin-feather theory, but I guess I've only heard about mounting prime adult birds so maybe that is the case.

I got a goldeneye mounted two years back from a local guy who does phenomenal work and is regarded as one of the top guys in the midwest. I think I payed $275 or so for it and that included the driftwood it was mounted on. email me at indy500as at hotmail dot (Contact Us Please) if you want his contact info. He specializes in waterfowl and it shows.

SA

There's a guy around here that can do a sitting mount for about $90 and a flying mount for about $95 and he does a great job. These area few that I had him do for me so you can see what kind of job he acctually does. IM000305-1.jpgIM000304-1.jpgIM000303-1.jpgIM000306.jpg

If you're interested I can get you his name and all of his contact information. He's acctually doing 6 other ducks for me right now. Of course the habitat scenes will run a bit more I thin the double flying redheads ran me about $185 and the swimming canvasback was about $120 and the triple woodducks mount was a bit more pushing around $370. The sitting hood was only $85, So he's very reasonable the only bad thing is it takes him a while to get things done. It's usually about 1 year for a duck mount so that might be a deterant but he does do really nice work.

Whitewolf, great collection of duck mounts you have going!! I'm impressed! I have a pair of woodies from opener that I need mounted if anybody knows of someone reasonable in the metro area I'd be happy to know who I could call.

Hey Buzzsaw-

A pair of woodies like this?

woodducks9ug.jpg

The guy that did these is a relative of mine and is arguably very good at what he does. He's in the northern metro. There are a number of other FM guys that highly praise his work as well if you search back.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to get them for $100 a bird.

Hanson, yes exactly like that, maybe with one of them with a wing down. Could you shoot me his contact info.

Chris-

If your talking about your uncle, I would agree, his stuff looked pretty good. His fish, deer and birds all looked great. He had some pheasants there that he had finished and they looked good. I asked him what they ran just in case I knock down a nice ring neck this year. I want to say that he told me $150 to $225 per bird depending on the mount and if there was drift wood included ect.

AWESOME MOUNTS!!! where did you shoot the cinamon at and the full colored bluewing? I've never even seen one around here with that much color.

I had some done 2 years ago and they were 200 each.

I think the goin rate is 150 to 300

TRM those are great, where did you get those done.

I might want to get some more done if the place is local..

Can anyone post a pic of a mounted redhead that shows the breast? I shot one this weekend, and didn't think that it look mature enough, the breast wasnt quite all white. I would like to see how uniform of a color a mature redhead's breast is. Thanks

well if the breast is white it is not mature the breast color of a mature red head is black, the very under belly is a off white to light grey color, and the sides and back are a dark grey to almost silverlooking on the sides.

Redhead-(4).jpg

Redhead-(29).jpg

white wolf

the cinnamon was shot in mexico and the (bluewing) it is actualy a New Zeland Shoveler from a game farm, if you look at the bill it is the shape of a shoveler just smaller, and the eyes are yellow not brown like a bluewing teal, I can try to post a front pic if you want to truly see the diff.

I meant to say belly not breast. The breast was all black and the sides were grety. It was probably more mature than I thought. Oh well, hopefully I will get another one this weekend.

After I posted my last one I looked at it again and noticed the bill really cool lookin duck if you could post front pics that would be great.

White wolf

Here are a couple more and I will try to get the front pic taken this weekend and some more of the stuff I have. and post Monday for ya. FH000006.jpg

FH000007.jpg

TRM,

In the second picture what is the "glass" made of? I have a friend that wants something like that for a fish mount. I am hoping it is acrylic, need to put a good size hole in it. my email is [email protected].

Thanks for any information you can give.

Quote:

There's a guy around here that can do a sitting mount for about $90 and a flying mount for about $95 and he does a great job.....

If you're interested I can get you his name and all of his contact information. He's acctually doing 6 other ducks for me right now. Of course the habitat scenes will run a bit more I thin the double flying redheads ran me about $185 and the swimming canvasback was about $120 and the triple woodducks mount was a bit more pushing around $370. The sitting hood was only $85, So he's very reasonable the only bad thing is it takes him a while to get things done. It's usually about 1 year for a duck mount so that might be a deterant but he does do really nice work.

Whitewolf, I would most def be interested in having this individual do some mounts for me...Time ins't an issue for me...If you could so kindly send me his contact info to [email protected]. Thanks