• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What will you or are you shooting?

eyepatrol

This post has maybe been asked before in the past, but I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of shotgun everyone will be using this waterfowl season?

As for me, I'll be shooting a Tristar Diana, 3 1/2", black in color. Got this gun in the middle of the season last year after my Super X2 barrel bulged out on me (with modified choke). $400 to replace the barrel, $200 for the brand new Tristar....a no brainer! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE this gun! It shot extremely well in the bitter cold at waterfowl, plus it shot amazingly straight at deer last year. I swore I'd be getting a Benelli or Browning this year, but after this gun performed, no way!

So let's hear it....what's your aresenal?

By the way tearin' lips...what's the countdown at now??? wink.giflaugh.gifgrin.gif

Beretta A391 3.5 Xtrema. It is a semi-auto that will shoot 3.5" shells. Advantage Max-4 HD Cammo. I love this gun.

SBE 28" barrel and a pattern master choke for me with my Remington 870 express super mag for my back up weapon, even though i shoot a benelli which has never failed me, ever.

Browning BPS 3.5in. in the marsh pattern. Great gun. I put 3in 2's for ducks and 3.5 BBB for the honkers. I do bring out the Mossberg 20 gauge out for giggles once in a while, usually to sharpen up for deer hunting, but with the changes this year i dont think the game warden would like me to sharpen up with the 30-06... confused.gif Good luck this weekend, i get to work but then get my seven days off starting wed. night. I'll try to save a few for you guys the second weekend.. ooo.gif

12 gauge remington express super mag had it since 1997 hasnt failed me once shot mostly doves with it we will see what it can do for geese and duck

About 11 years with a Benelli M1 Super 90, synthetic with a 24 inch barrel. On deck is a Benelli Nova in Advantage camo. In the hole is my almost 30 year old Remington 870.

*old reliable* 870 remington.. shoots strait and never fails.

I picked up a beretta 390 silver mallard last year and I am still waiting for it to fail. It has been flawless this far no matter what I shoot through it and it feels/shoots good with considerably less recoil than the pump..

but old reliable will be sitting next to me with the goose loads!

Benelli synthetic SBE, 26", briley chokes

ducks-3.5" 2 shot

honkers-3.5" bb shot

does the job, wouldnt trade it for anything.

backup gun, but will never need it because benelli's don't break is a stoeger 2000 auto synthetic,,only shoots 3"ers so i will have to bring some 3"'s with also.

Right now I am shooting a Charles Daly. I needed a cheap gun fast last year and so this was it, $200 display model. Hopefully by the end of the year I will have an Remington 11-87 camo that I have been eyeing for a while.

A Browning B-80 with a 30" barrel. Every year I think, I should buy a new a gun. But, the 23 year old B-80 keeps cycling shells. Why change?

Rost,

Glad to hear you've had good luck with the Benelli M1 Super 90. I JUST bought one last night from a guy in Ely where I'm going to school. 2 yrs. old, brand-new condition, hardly left the gun cabinet. Too good a price to turn down as I was just starting to look for an auto. Dad has had one for 7 years and loves it.

The old BPS stalker will be heading into the cabinet as a back-up. Just bummed I can't use my duck commander choke in the new gun. Any suggestions on aftermarket chokes for Benellis would be great!

jbell...

I hope your Charles Daly doesn't do what it did with a co-worker of mine. Two years ago he was shooting a new CD and the magazine blew up in his face on a shot! Luckily he didn't get hurt, but it was a big scare and could potentially have ended up bad. It might have been an isolated case, but I thought you'd want to know.

Gotta pull out the 3 Inch Charles Daly Field Hunter with the Advantage-4 HD Camo. Lucky me won it at the DU banquet this year 3rd gun out of 5 years. Perhaps I should take up poker.... Good luck boys this weekend!! Have fun and be safe!

This is my 11th year with my 11-87. I would have a hard time buying anything but anymore mostly because I grew up with that fit. I have somewhere between 4500-5000 rounds through it and have only replaced one part, mostly waterfowl huntin by far. One of the few autos I have seen cycle 7/8oz loads since it was new. That and being one of the more reasonably priced autos I cant say enough about it.

Fishnfowl-

You bought that gun from Jim! I saw the ad yesterday, emailed jim then immediately called my brother about it. He was scrambling to find a computer to see the pics. About 1 hour later I got an email from jim saying it was sold! Now I know who the culpret is!!!

Wow, congrats on an awesome gun (at an awesome price)!

Quote:

Beretta A391 3.5 Xtrema. It is a semi-auto that will shoot 3.5" shells. Advantage Max-4 HD Cammo. I love this gun.

Me too - nice gun

Quote:

jbell...

I hope your Charles Daly doesn't do what it did with a co-worker of mine. Two years ago he was shooting a new CD and the magazine blew up in his face on a shot! Luckily he didn't get hurt, but it was a big scare and could potentially have ended up bad. It might have been an isolated case, but I thought you'd want to know.

I sure hope mine doesn't do that. I have never heard that before and I am sure if it was an issue there would be a recall or something. A guy that I occasionally hunt with has one. He has never has had a problem with it, but I have heard of quite a few people having problems with them jambing. The only time I had a problem is it sometimes will jamb when I am ejecting the unfired shells before casing it. Its been an ok gun, its very light and has a good warranty, but it is only a temporary replacement. When you go from an 870 wingmaster to this though it is a bit of a shock.

3" Camo Beretta 390. Must be about 6 or 7 years old now. I really want the Extrema 2, 3 1/2", K.O. but no loose change right now...

Browning BPS Gold. It has the camo coating on it in advantage wetlands. 3" federal speed shock #2's are going to be the killer.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

I will be useing a Remington 11-87 Old faithfull!!

Quite a nice variety of firearms. This might be too late at night to say it, but, good luck tomorrow! And most importantly be safe. smile.gif

Mossberg 835, traded a Nove to a buddy of mine for it last year, best trade I ever made. Mossberg was barly a half year old, the Nova was about 5.