• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
tonyjor

Navionics chip

Question

tonyjor

I've got the Navionics Hotmaps Gold North as it was the only one that would work with my Humminbird 67. I put it in and I can get a fully detailed map of Clearwater Lake, which I never fish. But the lake I fish most, Sugar Lake, is non-existant. If I take the chip out, it's on the default map, but with no depths just an outline. Put the chip in and the outlines aren't even there. Just looks like "land". I'm not sure if this is normal or if Navionics has a fix for it or what. Any help?

1 answer to this question

Deitz Dittrich

Make sure you have chosen the right map... I know with my Lowrance I can only load one set of maps(area) at a time. And there are like 6-7 different choices to choose from on the chip.

If I had to guess, that is your problem. I dont know how to use the hummingbird so I cant help you from there. My guess would be to look in your menu for a "map choice", or "Map Data".

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• SkunkedAgain
      Thanks. That's one of the ones that I was considering.
    • SkunkedAgain
      The water temps were 44-47 degrees over most of the lake this weekend. Black Bay partially froze Friday night into Saturday.
    • SkunkedAgain
      I saw a lot of guys running planner boards. We braved the cold ride Friday and Saturday, going from the far west end over near Shamrock. We spot locked in the wind and had pretty good success with the 11-13" walleyes but nothing of size except a few beautiful jumbo perch. We just used jigs in 30-35ft of water with rainbow minnows, the smaller the better. Big minnows were useless.   We didn't stay at any of the west end locations too long, but mostly because we weren't marking fish and weren't getting any bites. I would have liked to work longer for the bigger fish.
    • ANYFISH2
      Care to share where in Ripley this feeding flat is?  Maybe I shoot a deer and catch fish in Ripley this year!😁
    • seifjr
      As usual Curt, thanks for all the reports you provide to us folks that only get up to LOW 4-5 times/year.  Coming up again for the MEA weekend, fishing Thursday-Saturday.  Looks like Thursday's going to be nice with warmer temps and WSW winds.  If we get the heavy WNW winds on Saturday, is the LP area fishable.  Seems like the more west it is the comfort level goes up dramatically.  Bringing the kids this trip, so there not real big fans of the 4-5 footers if you know what I mean.  Hope to see ya Thursday, we'll be in a 2150 Lund and 18.5 Alumacraft. 
    • monstermoose78
      These fish came of the feeding flat.
    • monstermoose78
      I like finding aggressive crappies and those feeding flats normally have more aggressive crappies plus some big gills mixed in. 
    • Rick
      This is great advice as well @monstermoose78. I will add that another reason crappies suspend over a deep basin is because of the plankton rising and dropping from and back to the mud basin below based on light levels.
    • PRO-V
      Got back yesterday from a week at my shack. Tough conditions. Lots of rain and over 6" of snow. My buddy and I saw 28 grouse and got 15. They were pretty wild and had to put the chase on alot of them. Got pretty wet running after them and snow falling on your head. Had to chainsaw our way out to the trucks thanks to the heavy wet snow.
    • Wanderer
      There are lots of options and they all work better for some than others for each individual situation.     I use a mix of single rod cases (hard tube with reel bag on the end), the Bunk box Rick has (works for my laker rods), and break down fly rod case that I custom cut the foam on to fit my in-lines.   Basically, make sure your rods aren’t too long for your house!  From there you could even build an insert into your tub and line it with foam.  Custom cut the interior to fit your rods your way.  Ever go the the Thorne Brothers potable mods gathering.  You could get some ideas there for sure!