• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Saturday on the Zumbro

My friend Eric and I braved the elements yesterday and canoed from the Green bridge to Zumbro falls. We got on the water at 7:30 am and at first I thought it was going to be a miserable day because it was storming and the wind was blowing. To my surprise, the weather cleared off and we caught a ton of fish. We each caught 30+ smallies, several white bass, and a sauger. The largest smallie was 18" and weighed 2.5 lbs. The sauger was almost 2 lbs. Most of the fish were caught on a crayfish rattletrap and a jig and twister tail.

This was the first time that I have canoed that stretch of river and I was shocked. The water was very clean and clear. Most of my canoeing has taken place closer to Rochester where the river tends to be dirty.

Here are a couple smallies that my friend caught. I will post some more pics later.

833498991206_0_SM.jpg

833498991206_0_SM.jpg

Nice work Kasey!!! I love the look of those dark river fish.

Did you spot any pike/muskie on the trip?

Yeah, we saw two dandy northern pike or muskie but they were not interested in our baits. I am hoping to get out there one more time before the weather gets too miserable.

Nice report Kasey! Let me know if you go again. Maybe I could tag along. We got a canoe and a small pond prowler.

Is anybody else having trouble seeing the pictures? All I get is the red x thing.

When I was at work I was unable to see the pics but now that I am at my home computer they show up just fine.

If you right click the red X you get a menu chose properties and it should give you the address to the pictures copy the address and paste it in your address bar and hit enter. you should see the picture. Then just hit the back button on the browser and it should show up in the post.

We put in at 7:30 am and took out at 6 pm. I think it is nine river miles. We brought along an anchor so we could fish every hole.

I am able to see the pics this morning. Is there something that I did incorrectly? I uploaded my photos to Kodak photo gallery and then copied the address here. Do I need to do anything else?

Thanks for the lesson on how to work a computer Crick! That worked! Very nice Kasey! Really nice fish you guys got there. Way to go!

You can right click on the red X and select Show Picture and that worked for me.

I don't know why they will not show right away.

Nice day on the water. What fun. Thanks for sharing.

Greetings,

This is too funny. I think maybe you have not pics here and you got some of your buddies in kahoots with ya! grin.gif

I don't even get the red X's. Nothing. I just bebuilt my PC too!!! confused.gif

Oh, well...

Peace and Blessings