• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

1 day fishing on the south

BryanL

Going to be fishing out of Izaty's with the family on Thursday and Friday from the launches. Question I have is for Saturday. Will be fishing the afternoon and evening out of own boat and have never been on the lake before. Planning on trying for musky in the afternoon and walleye in the evening. Anybody have any good suggestions on lure to use and techniques for the one day jaunt. As I said we will be leaving from the southern part of the lake and am not familiar with the lake at all so would like to stay on the southern end if there are any good areas to try. From looking at a map I see sloppy joes is on the southern end. Is this an area to try? Thanks for any help I can get.

For walleyes try rocks right before dark and after dark, slip bobber in 8' to 12'

Muskies- All southern bays hold fish, Cove, Isle, Wahkon.. Famous Mille Lacs lures.. Topwater, bulldawgs and the new famous Cowgirl... All good stuff...