• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I fished Chub Lake the other day and even though they just came through and redid the landing they must not have tried to launch a boat from it. Nicely paved parking lot and plenty of parking for trailers, Shoreline has been planted for habitat and temporary fence up. This of course stops you from launching your boat from the beach as the landing is all of 2 feet deep. I have a shallow draft bunker trailer and I do expect to have to get out an push my boat off from time to time but here I had to push off all the way to the end of my 17' trailer as there was no water. I know the lake is down but it has been down for several years. How much to you think it would have taken to have a back hole dredge out a few feet for a launching hole. Yes I know as time goes by the hole will fill up again. I did launch my boat and I did fish the lake. My point being it would be very hard if not impossible for an older person to get their boat in the water, And in a few years I will be in that age group. shocked.gif Just thinking for the money spent when the DNR is done with these projects maybe they could test them out. As I was fishing the lake I did see another boat trying to launch and they gave up and left. I think this just makes Chub a little more private for the lake owners. Nothing wrong with that but I think all anglers helped paying for the improvements. Just my two cents.

Yea, it isn't easy launching there at all. It probably won't get better any time soon either. I asked the DNR docks guy if they were going to make it deeper but he said the same thing it will fill in right away. Digging it out may be a temporary solution but how often would you have to come back and dig it out? I also think that as soon as you dig it out your launch pad is going to start shifting and then trailers get hung up.

Granny

I live on West Chub lake road, which is about 2 miles from the landing. I tried launching my 16' runabout and could not get It in the water by my self. it would have taken a few guys to push it off. We have fished the lake in a friend of mines 14' lund at that was a pain in the (Contact Us Please).