• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dirtking

how many spikes in 50#s

Question

dirtking

Here is a question that is driving me nuts - I need 325 - 12" x 3/8" Galvanized spikes - they come in 50# increments - any one know how many boxes I need

Thanks

5 answers to this question

SpecialK

Weigh one and multiply by 325. Divide that number by 50 and you will get a number that represents your total boxes.

dirtking

problem is I do not have a spike to weigh - I ordered 4 boxes - just dont want to run out - but 200 lbs worth should go quite a ways I'm thinking.

Fishin4Life

I did a google search. Found about 133 spikes to a 50# box.

4 should be plenty

dirtking

thanks fishing I goggled everything I thought possible yesterday and failed - knew I'd get info here thanks

fishermn

Yep, thats about right... I did a big playground project last year and If I remember right there was 125 in each 50 LB box.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• partyonpine
      You guys catching them on pike suckers or chubs?  Hopefully the wind dies down this afternoon.  Coming up with a big group to help me doing the docks and 2 of the hoists.  I have the requisite adult beverages need to get them some fish for the frying pan.
    • monstermoose78
      Basswood 
    • Ruslan_fisher
      I've been using the "modern step" scales for about a year now. I bought them on Amazon. They have very good reviews, and the scales are very convenient and suitable for weighing anything.  Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Professional-Accurate-Reloading-Modern-Step/dp/B01N25OC6P/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1536218450&sr=8-1&keywords=fish+scale
    • delcecchi
      The Vermillion south of MSP is spelled with two "l"s. The one in this forum only has one.
    • leech~~
      It's always nice when you have a week to get everything nicely packed, organized and ready to go. 🙂 It's just that few hours when you get home tired and dump it all in a big dirty pile to sort out that suk! 😆   Gook Luck!
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck and many the ducks fall after you shoot!!
    • Wanderer
      For all the stuff I thought I had at my fingertips to pack, I sure am taking all week to get it done!  At least I have all my supplies.  I just keep tinkering on this and that, not getting it bagged up!   Leaving tomorrow morning around 9 and should have the entire afternoon to scout our top areas.  We’ll land somewhere in the northern third of the state.
    • chaffmj
      Basswood lake!
    • Bigfatbert
      Whatchya mean Cliff with this hear reply ? Maybe your puttin in too many hrs on the Big V , maybe up to early ??
    • leech~~
      If your local to that area may be you could talk to the city and get a bunch of folks together for a clean up day sometime?