• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
archer59

White Bear Tonight (Sunday)

archer59

Heading out to WBL about 8:00 PM tonight. Fishing ski's. I'll give a report tomorrow.

Nick

metrojoe

I'll be looking for your report. I was out there this afternoon with my to young boys and we caught a lot of sunfish and bass. The lake of the never ending wake. smirk.gif

archer59

I never made it out. ( took one of the kids to the ER, no broken bones ) Anyway, will be heading out tonight. Your right about the never ending wake during the weekend. Tonight should be a little quieter. grin.gif

Nick

archer59

I finally got out last night. Pretty slow, just a couple of hammer handles.

I arrived at the Ramsey ramp about 8:00 pm. A couple rigs going in and out. I was next in line taking off the back straps on the boat when the @@*%&* behind me with a big ski boat is in a hurry and pulls around me. I was ready 30 seconds later and both spot were full. He backs his boat in the water when a spot opens, but donesn't launch. NOOOooo..he gets out walks in front of his truck and starts hollering for his buddies to hurry up who are somewhere down the parking lot. While this is happening I'm sitting next in line waiting for him. He must have had his daddy's boat. Big ugly colored Nautilus with the ski bridge.

Anyway I get out start fishing Ordway and here come two girls on a jetski racing down the markers screaming like the little girls that they are. You could hear them all over the lake.

I believe I'll launch at dark next time. Anyone else out last night. I stayed out until about 11:00.

Nick

twood3516

Yeah was out last night also. Launched at 7:00 at the same beach. Done at 1:30. We caught 4 nice ones. Still a long time for 3 guys. Lindy and casting raps.

TurnUpTheFishing

Four nice ones? Walleye or muskies?

twood3516

Walleyes sorry! Well maybe you consider (nice ones) as Muskies.

BoxMN

Was out Sat morn, fishing bass. Picked up about a dozen LMB and one nice fat 16-17" smallie. Some small pike mixed in, and one big muskie hit a fatrap, but missed.

Bass came on drop shot with brown worm, and a few on texas rig, and two on cranks. I guess two came on tubes as well. I missed a few due to being on phoen (what (Contact Us Please) talks on phone when fishing?.?.?...) Right on weed edge, better on deeper drops.

kdawg

Hey twood, if you don't mind telling, what is the presentation you use on white bear this time of the year? My son is FINALLY into walleye fishing (not for the lack of my trying) and we've talked about hitting white bear in the near future. Also, I'm planning on doing some fall fishing this year. Is it pretty much a jig and a minnow on white bear during the late fish? Thank you much. WHOOPS! Just went back and reread, lindy and casting raps... I missed that the first time. Did either the lindy's or raps out-perform the other? Thanks again

WallyGator12000

Went out 8/16 from 8:30-11:30...really really slow, missed a couple of bites, but nothing happening at all. Tried jigging fatheads and trolling/casting some cranks, just no luck.

Bassman

I was just wondering how deep the walleyes are.

skink

SunDAY.

My first fishing experience on WBL is today (08.27)on my friends pontoon. I'll give a report tonight. Bass, by the way.

joeyquicksand*

I was out last night, throwing everything from yamomoto worms texas rig, to crankers and spoons... i had what had to be a 40in musky jump a foot out the water and throw my spoon... never got it. SLOW NIGHT... 230pm to 9pm...

skink

fished mainly the south shore with 4-5" plastics. We lost two very nice LM and released several more no larger than 2lbs. Anyone been catching smallies out there this summer? with what and where?

joeyquicksand*

I was out last night from aprox 5 to 9, ended up pullin up a few decent bass... everything was still a little slow.... boy, what a tough lake to fish sometimes.

2liner

Don't enjoy WBL or read about much success in the summer but it is my favorite metro WINTER lake for walleyes! Usually the only one on the lake at 2 AM when the biggum's are feeding. Heck, usually the only one on the lake after 8 pm. Won't be long!

Carp-fisher

Quote:

Don't enjoy WBL or read about much success in the summer but it is my favorite metro WINTER lake for walleyes! Usually the only one on the lake at 2 AM when the biggum's are feeding. Heck, usually the only one on the lake after 8 pm. Won't be long!

Thats great to hear...I'm new to the N.E. metro, just moved from Eden Prairie to Roseville. I'm an ice fishing nut and looking for ice fishing buddies in the area.