• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

......and Garza isnt ready yet?

SledNeck

Its funny that Garza isnt ready for big league ball. Yet Bonser and Baker are? At worst Garza will be the same as silva.

This will be our downfall

You know who's not ready has been TR.

I like was he has done for our team, but I'm sorry, his personel decisions with the big club this year have been terrible.

First we start out with cast-offs like Batista and White when we had better guys to play in their spots.

Next we try and run out pitchers that cannot get it done. Then he will not trade for anyone to help us out. And finally, he refused to bring up the best pitcher in our system when we are in the middle of a playoff race.

I know that noone can predict how a player will perform, but his success rate this year has been terrible.

Grrr, I'm frustrated.

Terry Ryan has to worry more about the future of the pitcher rather than bringing him up because fans see he has a good record in the minors. Ryan said Garza has been winning with almost all fastballs and he knows that's not enough for the big show. I pitched a little in the minors in the early 70's and I can tell you guys with good fastballs are a dime a dozen.

I also did not like some his moves this year but overall he has done a very good job over the years.

If the Twins organization was serious about contending for the rest of the season, they would have found a way to sign Soriano. The Twins organization has given up. So should we. There is no way we are making the playoffs. Right now it stinks to be a Twins fan. Carl Pohlad needs more money.

Flash

"Set the Hook"

Yes, he has been a good GM over the years.

I know all about guys with good fastballs, but Garza has 4 effective pitches. He is just relying on his fastball because that's all he needs in AAA. Call the game for him if you have to. Our rotation is in serious trouble and I doubt Mike Smith is going to help anything.

How do we know he has 4 effective pitches? Very few pitchers do.

There's a reason Soriano is still with Washington,either not many teams were interested or they were asking too much for a rent-a-player. People who thought that the Twins were going to make that deal have not been following them very long. That's not how they do business.

You all are a bunch of fair weather fans!!!!!!! Terry Ryan has done a great job over the years! We are 2 games out of the wild card. Anything can happen.

I am keeping the faith, but who is going to be our 5th (or fourth, if Silva doesnt show up) starters?? Bonser and Baker are not the answer, at least not yet.. that is for sure. Ryan seems staunch in not bringing up Garza.

By the way,, I think the Twins are 3 games outta the W.C, not 2.

anyways-- TR has done a INCREDBILE job as twins GM!!! Think of the guys that spurred the Twins on in their run--- KUBEL,Bartlett,TYNER,Redmond,Reyes,Neshek,etc-- the list goes on and on--- guys that get'er done!!! no other small market team has A GM like TR,,, trust me. The Twins don't have a history of making a big moves around the deadline, and personally, let's keep it that way. That's what makes the Twins who they are-- ham and egg'ers who show up every day and will beat the $$ teams when they think all they have to do is "show up".

I still think Ryan has a move or two left in him this season (you can still make deals,, just has to clear waivers) -- and I think the Twins,, thou 3 out and in a bit of slump (2-4 at home) are not done. They will be in the thick of things come Sept.

Muddy

Silva will be around--- becasue of Radke retirement. --- Silva will get'er done as the 4th pitcher this year-- don't know if it will be enough to get a playoff spot.

Your right, Ryan has done an excellent job over the years from what he has had to work with money wise. If you want to put the blame on anyone blame the cheap owner Pohlad, the guy has more money than Steinbrenner but does nothing.

They should of made a deal at the trading deadline for a pitcher but didnt and I think that is going to come back to bite them. Sounds to me its going to be a revolving door for the 5th starter, they bring up a guy named Mike Smith?? Would rather of heard the name Greg Maddox in that spot...

Every year it is the same thing with the twinkies. We won't trade our prospects blah blah blah. They are always the 6th or 7th best team. They never trade a prospect to get over the hump. Take a chance and actually go for it and try to win the Worls Series for once!!!! Embarrassing.....

Why trade one of your best prospects for a guy they won't be able to sign again? Soriano is going to demand a huge contract next year, one that would likely double the Twins' payroll.

I smell a Garza call up... here it comes... it's going to happen... it must be announced soon.

Quote:

I smell a Garza call up... here it comes... it's going to happen... it must be announced soon.

He'll be up soon wink.gif Sometime in the next week.

First off, I am not a fair weathered fan. I have watched this team through the good and the bad. Those mid-nineties years were tough. Secondly, TR has been a great GM, but this year his personel decisions have not been good and I don't care what anyone says.

Yes,Kubel,Bartlett,Tyner,Redmond,Reyes,Neshek, Liriano, etc are the reason we are where we are, but guess what. Terry went to them as his second option. He wanted Rondell, Batista, Castro, Lohse, etc out there.

I am not one to say he is a bad GM or that we could do better, but this year there is no arguing that the team sent out there at the start of the season was no good. Even TR will admitt that.

I'm ready to see Garza. But Mike Smith is the man now. I can see where they are looking trying to not rush him, but if we want to stay in this thing, we can't give up an automatic loss every time our 4th or 5th guys are on the mound.

I guess I just get sick of ALWAYS looking to the future. I know if you want to stay competitive year in year out, you have to manage that way, but I don't think it hurts to once in a while deal a prospect to get that guy that can help you get over the top.

Honestly, I'm not as mad this year that we didn't go out and get anybody as much as I am for those 2002-2004 years. We had as good a chance as anyone those years to make the WS, but were always one bat away. Ad a good righthanded stick to any of those lineups and there is at least one more banner hanging from the metrodome roof.

How dissapointed would we all have been had they traded Garza for Soriano and we continued to have horrible pitching and lose alot of higher scoring games. Maybe Ryan made the right move.... again.

I'm about 99% sure that Garza was never even offered for Soriano. I'm half sure that Slowey wasn't in the package either.

I don't think we should have dealt either of these guys and am glad we didn't. Garza is gonna be a star. The rumor that I heard was that Baker and Kubel were offered to the Nats. Who knows if it's true though?

After watching the Twins trounce the Rangers 15-2 in the first game and then go about and get DOMINATED 9-0 the second game and 10-4(i believe it was 4) in the third game one does have to wonder whats going on with them. You can say all you want about well the pitching wasn't that great in the other 2 games. But where was that 15 run offense? They basically sent up to bat the same guys in all 3 of those games, yet failed to produce enough for our pitchers to even have a chance at a win. It kinda hurt that Liriano didn't pitch yesterday, but our batters were do darn streaky that it almost hurt to watch them go out and get thumped like they did. Maybe im just accustomed to watching them tear through everyone as they did June-beginning of August. But when you go out and lose like they did the past 2 games showing little to no effort(sorry if this strikes a cord in anyone but being outscored in the series 21-19 after scoring 15 runs in the first game is a joke). As much as I hate to admit it, I do think they should of done more to improve upon their team this year EVEN if it meant getting a rent-a-bat to improve our offense for one season. With the pitching we do have available improving this offense could get us over that hump and possibly into the world series. Though now we will never know being we got a minor leaguer and no proven players. I love how the twins have brought up players they have developed to help them to where they are today. But honestly it hasn't gotten us very much lately, and I don't see it coming any time soon until we can get this offense to produce day in and day out for us.

Quote:

After watching the Twins trounce the Rangers 15-2 in the first game and then go about and get DOMINATED 9-0 the second game and 10-4(i believe it was 4) in the third game one does have to wonder whats going on with them

The answer is two AAA pitchers were thrown out there against one of the best hitting teams in the AL.

Quote:

but our batters were do darn streaky that it almost hurt to watch them go out and get thumped like they did.

When your staff puts you in a huge hole, it's probably mentally draining and they mailed it in... just like Texas did in the first game... human nature I guess. It's two games, hang on guys.

Just remember LeTroy Hawkins....we were in a hurry to bring him up...

1995 Minnesota Twins 2 3 8.67 6 6 1 0 0 --- 27.0 39 29 26 3 1 12 9

1996 Minnesota Twins 1 1 8.20 7 6 0 0 0 --- 26.1 42 24 24 8 0 9 24

1997 Minnesota Twins 6 12 5.84 20 20 0 0 0 --- 103.1 134 71 67 19 4 47 58

1998 Minnesota Twins 7 14 5.25 33 33 0 0 0 --- 190.1 227 126 111 27 5 61 105

1999 Minnesota Twins 10 14 6.66 33 33 1 0 0 0 174.1 238 136 129 29 1 60 103

2000 Minnesota Twins 2 5 3.39 66 0 0 0 14 14 87.2 85 34 33 7 1 32 59

2001 Minnesota Twins 1 5 5.96 62 0 0 0 28 37 51.1 59 34 34 3 1 39 36

2002 Minnesota Twins 6 0 2.13 65 0 0 0 0 3 80.1 63 23 19 5 0 15 63

2003 Minnesota Twins 9 3 1.86 74 0 0 0 2 8 77.1 69 20 16 4 1 15 75

2004 Chicago Cubs 5 4 2.63 77 0 0 0 25 34 82.0 72 27 24 10 2 14 69

2005 Chicago Cubs 1 4 3.32 21 0 0 0 4 8 19.0 18 9 7 4 0 7 13

2005 San Francisco Giants 1 4 4.10 45 0 0 0 2 7 37.1 40 18 17 3 0 17 30

2006 Baltimore Orioles 1 1 4.37 44 0 0 0 0 3 45.1 55 22 22 2 0 11 20

Career Totals 52 70 4.75 553 98 2 0 75 --- 1001.2 1141 573 529 124 16 339 664

You mean LaTroy "My Boy" Hawkins. Yeah, he never had a lot of confidence. It didn't change when he left the Twins either.

Those numbers posted about Hawkins are tought to understand if we don't know what each number is refering to.

Amen Willy. I completely agree. We are ALWAYS looking to the future. Here is an idea, try to win the World Series now for once......It is the same philosophy as the stinkin Wild. That is why I will never spend my money to go to a game and fill those two owners pockets. cheap sobs

Not trying to get off topic, but I'd say the wild made some pretty big moves this offseason to upgrade the team, instead of looking for the minor league players to come through, IMO.

Quote:

How do we know he has 4 effective pitches?

Those were the words straight out of TR's mouth. He was interviewed the other day on Hartman's show and I heard him say those very words about Garza.

Sorry Willy,

Those words are right out of my keyboard.I saw in the paper where Terry Ryan said he was only throwing fastballs but nothing about 4 effective pitches. Nice try, but wrong again!

Nope, someone back me up here. He said it right on KFAN yesterday that his pitches are Major league pitches, just that he isn't using them all enough right now.

Willy,

I'm not sure what you want people to back you up for.My response was to you stating that I took the words right out of Terry Ryans mouth.I'm sure you read my earlier post where I attributed my comments to Terry Ryan. If my effective pitches comment had come from him I would have said so.

As far as listening to the Chad Hartman show goes,I do not listen to sports talk radio that often because I find it rather boring. I enjoy the game itself,not listening to people who more often then not did'nt play the game.

You made a comment earlier that Garza only threw fastballs because that's all he needed to win in AAA.That's not how it works.Terry Ryan would rather see Garza have a 4-4 record while working on all his pitches than have him go 8-0 and using almost all fastballs. Please enjoy the game for what it is,only a game.