• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Report Your Archery Kill - 2006

Rick

Congrats to both Delmuts and ChrisT.Chris,very nice buck and Welcome to HSO and FM.We look forward to your future posts and come and visit us in the archery page.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harvey lee

• bigbucks

• Stratosman

• BLACKJACK

Well boy's its been a long hard fight for this one! Worked two years to get into bow range of this one and finally connected on a 30 yard shot!!

SDBow06006.jpg

Nice when they survive the the gun season too... Very nice deer and it souds like you worked super hard for him. Congratulations man. That's what I have been saving my buck tag for!

What's the pink on the hoof?

SB, awesome buck!!! Between that big guy and those monster walleyes earlier this year, you are gonna be the taxidermists best friend grin.gif

Congrats!!

Well, I hope you are going out this afternoon, cuz I will be on stand waiting for your call that I can take mine. cool.gif

Nice buck, nice job to the other recent connectors. I'm wondering what that big thing is behind you & the deer in this second picture. Is that a big turkey barn or something?

Nah, no icicles yet on the lake.. Soon though!!! Big winds pushing through right now, but after the blow.. The ice will form!!

Again, congrats on one heck of a buck.. Definately a SHOOTER!! smile.gif

Thanks Ran, Truely one of my best experiences bow hunting. I thought last year was good, but this was sweet delight. He eluded me for what seems forever, but I finally caught up to him... Anyway, any ice up there yet. We finally have enought to get out, will be going this afternoon for some of gills. The wife and kido want fish for dinner!!! (Contact Us Please), gotta go fishing again.. Take care, SB

shot my first buck with my bow this season before opener of gun. Dent, Minnesota

I managed to harvest number 2 for the season last night. Had 3 of them come in and i shot a doe at about 5 yards. I was shooting close to staight down. Arrow went through both lungs and stuck in the dirt. It is my first year with a bow and i am glad i purchased one. I never got a shot off with a gun this year, just passed on a small fork. But it is nice to get some more meat in the freezer, and nothing is better than sticking a deer!!!

JS

I shot this one on some public land south of Glenwood October 30th. I didn't recover him till Halloween day around 12:30. I couldn't get him to stop when he came by broadside at 15 yards so when I pulled the trigger I ended up gut shooting him by accident. I realized that I made a poor shot after I watched him trot away with my arrow sticking out of his belly. I figured out that I didn't lead him any when he trotted by me. I waited about 2 hours before I got down out of my stand. It tracked him for about 300 yards and he was leaving a real good blood trail. I found my arrow and that is where I kicked him up. He took off and it didn't even look like he was hurt. I left the woods and went home to watch the Vikings lose. At about 11pm I went back out to track some more. I lost the trail at the edge of the woods so I left and went home again. The next day I went out at 10:30am and found the blood trail. I ended up crawling on my hands and knees looking for blood. It took me till 12:30 before I found him. He was laying in a willow thicket with his feet curled up underneath him. I figure since he was still warm inside and it was 10 degrees out with a 30mph wind he hadn't been dead very long. He is a 13 point with over 12" G2's. I green scored him at 160 5/8 and he dressed out at 187lb. This is my first buck with a bow and it is the largest buck that I have ever shot.

2006Buck002.jpg