• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Open seats/fishing partners. By popular demand.

Brad got a hold of me. I got the third. Haven't seen ya in a while, good ta hear from you again. Hopefully it's a good night.

I am heading out to one of the west metro lakes (probably Medicine or Minnetonka) tomorrow morning (thinking early) and am looking for someone to go along. See my earlier post about my situation and if you are willing to help/teach drop me an e-mail at jcater02 at hotmail dot com.

If anyone's heading out tomorrow with an open seat let me know. If not, I could take two out in the canoe on smaller south metro lakes or maybe Harriet.

I am planning on heading out again on Sunday, not sure what water yet (except not Minnetonka, it seems I am karmically challanged by that lake, every time I go there the boat breaks) I would like to stay north and or west of the metro.

I will have at least one open seat and possibly two.

Quetico

I don't have a clue about where to go so am very open to suggestions. I would like to stay within about 50 miles of Minneapolis but am open to just about anywhere and fishing for anything (probably not real interested in cats, but anything else, I'm up for.)

Had a great time with Shouhan last weekend on Minnetonka but would like to try someplace else. The smallish Northern I caught last weekend pretty much got me rehooked on fishing so I am looking at going every weekend until the ice comes. I really don't know that many people who fish (or don't know they fish) so I always have an open seat (or 2 or maybe even 3) I am so ignorant that at this point I don't even know how many people my boat will comfortably fish.

Anyone else interested let me know.

Well there are a few really good bass lakes in the south west corner of the cities. There are always Harriet and Calhoun. I'm sorry that I dont know the northwest corner very well.

I'll be ready to show you around lakes in those areas on Sunday.

SO Sunday somewhere then guys? I dont know Medicine or any of those northwest metro bass holes. I know a few decent lakes around Chanhassen we could hit.

I understand Medicine isn't so great this year. I rented a boat from the bait shop there and only caught a few fish this summer.

Minnewashta, I know. I've never fished Anne or Auburn but I know both those lakes are awesome in the fall. Let me know what time on SUnday guys.

Minnewashta sounds fun.

I assume if I take Hwy 7 West to 41 South I'll see signs for the park. Which launch and what time? I tend to rise early so anytime is fine but the earlier the better.

You must use the farthest back launch. The first launch is for I think 15 hp or 25 hp max. We've had issues with this in the past launching my old buddies boat that had a 90 hp.

I can be out there whenever you guys are ready to go.

I am an early kind of guy but you know the lake, when is the best time to hit it in the morning?

Another thing to think about is that when parking is full you can't launch. Does the parking lot fill early? If so we need to go early, if no we can go later.

I've been on this lake on beautiful summer friday afternoons and never seen the lot full. I wouldnt be worried about this huge parking lot filling up on a cool fall Sunday morning.

Anyone want to go fishing this afternoon? My buddy( with the boat) says he has to make dinner for his wife. Don't ask. But we were out on a local lake and caught a bunch of walleyes and crappies this weekend. You can't really fish it from shore though. But id be up for anywhere if youd be willing to bring me. give me a shout if you want to try to slay some fish 507-995-7303 Brad

HopkinsFishN, I paced my house for about 30 minutes and then headed out to fish some ponds in Eagan to catch some bass. Those eyes are still waiting though. My buddy was out there yesterday and caught em again in the same place.

Anybody ever do "open seats" in a fish house?

I'd like to try some ice fishing this year, but have no equipment for it. Would get some fishing gear, but not willing to buy an auger, etc.

• The topic was unpinned