• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fishing league results

Well, our area fishing league started last night. We fished 6-9 on a small hutch area lake and 6 out of the 8 boats that showed up did suprisingly well. The best catch (could only weigh in two walleyes) was a tad over 4 lbs, I think it was 4 lb 8 oz 2nd was 1 lb 12 oz, 3rd was 1 lb 10 oz, then there was myself and my partner with 1 lb 6 oz tied with another boat. We did however manage to land the only Pike ( about 4.5 lbs) so we won the side pot and basically paid out entry fee for the week. Our 1 lb 6 oz weigh in was our two best walleyes .... two fish that hovered just over 13 inches.

Methods used, 30" snell, lindy rig, green hook & spinner blade with a crawler. 6 lb test, no crawler harness, just one smaller hook. Partner was using a # seven charchuse shad rap, he caught one of the walleyes with that on the weed edge 11 fow, and the pike he caught with an bright orange crank bait of some type... I also tried leeches & fatheads with no luck. Other colors of lindy blades I tried were orange, red/white, and chrome. None of those produced. For some reason green was the ticket. I was very surprised at weigh in time. Out of the 16 people fishing there for 3 hours I think there was 17 walleyes caught along with our Northern. Much better than I anticipated. I would share the lake but it's just too small to handle the pressure that it would receive. wink.gif Hope some of these little tips help someone out. I was just happy to be out on the water.

Nice report. I think I may have seen you guys, unless there was another league at a different lake out that night. What is the name of your group?

What lake were you on? Our group is out of Lester Prairie primarily. We were out of the port hole last year, we are out of kegs bar in Winstead this year. I used the same methods as the ones stated privious on this post on a lake very close to Annandale and had some success this last weekend (sat night) 7:30pm - 10:15pm.

I know you didn't want to mention the lake so I won't. That evening I spoke with a guy who had a Crestliner at the south landing waiting for everyone else to show up. He must have been the first one there.

Well, the lake in question only has one access and it is on the middle west side. I heard from my neighbor last night that the lake got pounded real hard this weekend (some one from league most likely spilled the beans) but the hot bite we were part of last thursday apparently ended Friday/sat. Was there some kind of front that came in? Neighbor said his dad was the one he heard it from and he also said that his dad said he has never seen so many boats fishing one area for walleyes on that lake and not catch fish. I guess we were there at the right time and place... ? I'm preparing for a trip up to Sugar lake in Itasca co. just south of Grand Rapids... Hope to get into some unwary, unpressured, and aggressive Lg mouth and smallies... Maybe a few eyes, and some pike for the table. Maybe. smirk.gif