• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
rascluk

Northerns

rascluk

I will be coming up from Kansas City the last week in May for Walleye. We are staying at Deer Lake Northeast of Deer River. During the week my buddy and I would like to try some Northern fishing. What would the best lakes for Northern be and is there a good Northern guide available for that week? Thanks!

bmc

Northerns are always caught by guys walleye fishing, which means a jig/minnow combo that time of year. If you want to specifically target bigger gators you'll have to beef up your tackle. Red Lake would be the spot to go for a big one, also Wabana north of Grand Rapids would be a good bet. As for a guide you may want to try Jeff Sundin from Deer River, although he may be booked as it's prime walleye time.

Brian

Jason Boser

Alot of the time we catch the Northern right with the walleyes that time of the year they are feeding all on the same minnows coming in on the flats. I know Charlie worrath with mnfishingpros just got a cancellation on one day that first week you can call him at218-246-2159 or e-mail me and I will get it to him. he will not stay open long

Jason

rascluk

Thanks for the tips guys! I was able to get Jeff Sundin as a guide.

Jason Boser

Jeff, is a good fisherman. hopefully you didnt get anybody else from his group

Jason

bearplott

What does that mean Jason? What group are you talking about?

Jason Boser

we have two groups in our area. the northern minnesota league of guides and mnfishingpros. We were all one group and the 5 on mnfishingpros dropped out and formed our own group.

Jason

bearplott

So what do you have against the others? Do they provide bad service? Poor ethics? Why did you split?

EXTREME

They are like a bunch of small kids fighting over a toy. No, to be honest, both groups have some really good guides in them. There are a couple of exceptions to the rule as Jason knows. You won't be sorry with Sundin. Very good guide

trux

I've been going to Winnie for 10+ years, I have used several guides in the area and the Only one that has stood the test of time is Boser.

Now with that said I guess you might say I'm biased but no, I'm not! I'm just honest when it comes to services, I pay for service and if I don't get it I look elsewhere. Keep that in mind when you hire a guide, there selling a service,if it is not up to your standard let them know how you feel. They will either make it right or they won't in which case you look else where. Guides are people just like you and I and not all personalities mesh. Look for a guide that you can get along with, your experiance will be memorable if you do. RIGHT BOSER!? grin.gif

Jason Boser

thank you and with that lets be done with this thread it will go nowhere but bad

Jason