• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Belle Plaine Cat League

Sounds like it was a pretty slow night for us all again.

Blue Kayak got his PB with a 25" channel and I also caught my PB with a 30" channel (on a frog I might add).

Earlier in the night we were fishing a very large set of snags, we were set up on the top side and later on, another guy fishing solo, pulled up to the bottom side. We didn't stay there much longer......well as I was pulling the boat out tonight he pulled in and I asked how he did. I could see he was a little shaken and said "I just had the best night night I've ever had". He said that he caught 6 flats with the biggest one "around 50lbs".

Strange how everyone had such a slow night and he was smackin em. He did say that he had chubs, so who knows, maybe that's what they wanted.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• hanson

• Papa Grump

• DTro

• Larry FlatCaster

29" channel and 27" channel for Dennis and me last night. Oh yeah and a sturgeon and a very unhappy turtle crazy.gif

I'm really enjoying the league. Thanks dtro for guiding me to my first decent catfish. Thanks Papa Grump for organizing the league and handling all the paper work.

Your welcome Jerry! I'm waiting on Larry to report in yet, but as far as I know Fireman with a 25" flat and Dtro with the 30" channel are the leaders. Slow night for Hanson and myself, with just me catching a nice little 22" flat, on a big bullie.

Slow indeed. I think I missed my opportunity to get on the board with that little 3lb flat Brian caught. It was screwing around with my rod for about a minute before he went and took Brian's bullhead. My rod tip was jumping like nuts while the entire time I'm yelling at it to "take it"! My bullhead had some serious road rash after that little episode. grin.gif

Next year I will be signing up for sure. smile.gifLooks to me like I have and will be missing out on a great time.

Quick question about that picture. Why in the he;; does Hanson have a coat and hooded sweathirt on? shocked.gif I don't remember it being that cold July 21st.

That one threw me until I read a little further. I just figured he was in the mug to much and thought it was winter again.

Looks like he is photoshopped in to me. The light seems to be shining from a slightly different angle on the parka than it does on everyone else's tshirts.

Quote:

Looks like he is photoshopped in to me. The light seems to be shining from a slightly different angle on the parka than it does on everyone else's tshirts.

Yeah, he sure did photoshop me in. And I still laugh my a$$ off when I look at it. Which is OK though. It reminds of this spring sturgeon fishing on Lake of the Woods, and I don't have a bad memory of that trip other than Mr. Petrowske having to get rushed to the hospital. What an awesome time!

The best part about that picture it looks like you are hypnotised by some shiny object off in the distance while everyone else is lookin at the camera. laugh.gif

Quote:

The best part about that picture it looks like you are hypnotised by some shiny object off in the distance while everyone else is lookin at the camera.
laugh.gif

Hanson has a track record for that, he found a shiny object on the floor when he did that sled gear shoot. laugh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, I have a favor to ask of any of you Belle Plaine catters. I live in Minnetonka and I have something that has to be sent out to the gathering on Thursday. If any of you live in the western suburbs,would it be possible for me to deliver it to one of you to haul out there for me? It would be much appreciated. I'm working till 3pm today and my # is 952-993-5104. After work, my # is 952-933-4929. Thanks

Does it need to go to BP specifically?

We usually don't all meet up at that location except for the intial night. Otherwise the teams are spread out on river, with in the boundry limits and depending on where we're going to fish. Some of the teams might be in that area.

Hope this helps

thanks

LFC

I have a couple of hats and a good luck charm that I want to get to Papa Grump. If no one is going to see him, I might be forced to drive down and spend an evening by the river. Horrors shocked.gif If anyone is going to be seeing Mr. Grump, give me a call on my home phone. Thanks.

Bob- I almost forgot about the hats tongue.gif I'll give you a call later, got to get the 'pro to the welder today for a little fixin', plus Dennis is my partner this week to boot!

Brian

Quote:

I'll give you a call later, got to get the 'pro to the welder today for a little fixin'

LOL! Did the Red River bite Opie? They did pretty darn good in the tourny though!

Bob,

you know where I live, you can drop them off at my place if its convienent.

If I am not home you can just put them in the River Pro.

Quote:

Did the Red River bite Opie?

Just a little bit, they got the anchor good and stuck and in the process of trying to free it, they tore the winch mount off, and proceeded to loose the anchor too. Friend of mine is really good at welding aluminum and he charged me a night on the river cattin' for taking care of it.

Perfesser Grump, I hope the hats got delivered to you. One for you and one for Dennis. Deal with the good luck charm as you see fit. crazy.gif

Thanks Bob!from the Flathead Pimpin Tator Tot Monkey Spankin Nota Guide Shuttle Service Crew grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Dr. Von Grump, did you find a good home for the good luck charm that came with the hats???? grin.gifgrin.gif

To your title you should add: Dr. Von Grump, the Mad Catter.

Quote:

Dr. Von Grump, the Mad Catter.

Now that would look good on the side of the boat grin.gif

Well, the good luck charm wasn't very good to me ,but I think I found a good home for it. Dennis managed one channel last night, otherwise very sloooowwwww.

Quote:

ROTFLMF'NAO!!

You got the Chub's Pub Mug and everything! Looks a little empty though!
grin.gif

Woolrich Camo Jacket in Realtree Wetlands is a great summer accessory!

Chub's pub ya buddy. Those babies should be collector times. Mine has been used so much it is pretty much just at mug no Chub's pub graphic anymore.

Sure was a slow night..... its not a good sign when this fish is the biggest flathead of the night crazy.gif

may2006002.jpg

and how about this "booby" prize contender

grin.gif

may2006001.jpg

After talking to a few of the guys today, the booby prize for smallest cat is what everyone is shooting for. crazy.gif Anyway congrats to LFC and Blue Kayak , tied for channels with 29". Ryan takes the Flatties with his little 19 incher and moves into the lead for the smallest fish in both catagories.

I've sure enjoyed catching the channels, but isn't it odd that they've been the largest fish caught for the first three league nights? I haven't even seen a flathead yet. Is everyone using bullheads for flatheads? Do the flatheads prefer something different this time of year?

This is just my theory, and I think others have the same feelings wink.gif

Bullheads seem to be really good in the spring pre-spawn period.

Personally I think that:

1. The flats are eating them to protect their nests (bullheads will eat the eggs) and also bulk up from the dormant winter, not much different than a bass would act.

2. They might not be so inclined to take a bullhead after spawn, as the other baitfish are a plenty and also it could have something to do with them thinking they are eating their youngins.

Just theories

I can tell you this, the success ratio of catching flats the past few weeks on suckers/creek chubs to bullheads isn't even close. wink.gif