• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DOAducks

river condition question?

DOAducks

Is the river open from monticello to elk river? Any info would be great. thanks

big musk411

Its been open all winter, been fishing open water since january.

dan2957

We never stopped fishing this winter. It was great. We never had to go on the ice. My 40 Merc seems to like the cold better, I had it on the river yesterday and she seemed fuss for the first time when starting. I think she likes those 35 degree days.

ASMOLEY

Thats got to get cold fishing the open water all winter!

HawgTide

Dan, what the heck are you fishing for? Carp? grin.gif

smallie_hawgin

I am assuming you guys are referring to proir to Feb 28th....It can be feekin cold. We had a couple of nicer days in there.

After Feb 28th I am assuming you were fishing for "crappie" or legit fishing for cats and suckers.... Just curious. Cause we all know smallies, walleye and northern are closed here ....right??

dan2957

HAHA, Sluggomaster and I went after some catfish but it turned into a carp slugfest. I Caught two carp and one sucker, Scott caught one carp. I have to admit it was kinda fun even through it was carp fishing. Night Crawlers was the prefered bait for the carp. I cant wait till the real opener in 52 days.

We had some great days for Smallie fishing this winter. There were a few days that we were knocking ice off the pole guides. Just about any day over freezing we were out there having fun. We went to Red Wing a few weeks ago and I suspect we will make another Red wing trip soon.

basskid

52 DAYS U MUST BE KIDDING. OMG WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?

r u sure?

now im gona check

frown.gifyup ur right frown.gif

fishin24/7

whats the news on the dam by campus?

Royce Aardahl

I hear the water is still going over it wink.gif73101v19jt.gif

dan2957

I got worried, laugh.gif

Royce Aardahl

Nice looking picture with the snow! BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

river rat316

According to growth charts it would be more like 10 years...... nice fish........ and the spot looks familiar also...

Thank God I have a jet now so I can get away from the 4-600 acres of water in Monti thats gonna have about 15-25 boats on it every weekend tearing those smallies up

fishin24/7

was down at the campus dam yesterday didnt catch anything on the campus side i dont have a boat i was useing rubber storm minnows anyone know were to catch some northern or eyes?

river rat316

seasons closed for northern and eyes, dont let the CO down there catch you throwing those, youll get ticketed. your closest bet is pool 2 and 4 pool 2 is from the ford dam south to the next dam, pool 4 is basically lake pepin

HawgTide

Geez Dan, you must be getting lonely on the river, cause you're asking for a lot of company! grin.gif How do you keep the ice off the rods? For a Texan, you've adapted to the cold pretty well. It has to be at least 45 degrees for me to get out there.

Kevin Turner

Hey, That's my new river lot in the backround...Whattya doing catchn' my smallies...LOL

dan2957

I ain't too worried HT. It takes a special breed to be out there when its that cold LOL. I just knock the ice off with my hand. Mono is a must, braid ices too quickly. It is not really that bad. I was watching Minnesota Bound the other night and saw a story about two North Dakota guys fishing open water on a power plant lake from a boat when it was 10 above. They were tearing up the largemouth. 10 above is a little too cold for me.

As for adapting.... I'll never be a yankee, I just love bass fishing so I man up. It kills me to be off the water for so long during the winter. I have to fish laugh.gif

fonz58

hey, who you calling a yankee~