• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

H2Oc

WalleyeWeasel

I saw L&M in Gr. Rapids has em for $219.00. Pro chip $69.99

Good deal !!

Need to make it up there and check these out... Was going to go with the B&W but want the color...

I have a B&W and they get the job done, but the new color one does look good.

I was told that the color is very hard to see in bright sun by a salesman I trust! I won't buy color!

Cybermuski, the new ones with the TFT screens are clear as can be with sun light.

This new tecnology was developed specificly for that reason, to combat the sun light on the screns.

Benny

Cyber,

I haven't heard that on the color units. I have a black and white one that does the job. But I have no doubt that the color one would be easier to read. I wish the color ones would have been out when I bought mine. I would have bought one in a heartbeat!

Aaron

I too have heard that about color screens, however, I still bought the H20 C last week. Just about everybody I know with a B & W has told me they would buy color in a heartbeat. I guess I will find out. I know that my color screen on my cell phone is pretty hard to read in the sun, but I am trusting those I know with the B & W screens.

The guy that told me that was one of Reeds top guys so I don't know why he would steer me wrong. And this was just before the sports show in the cities. Did that new screen thingy just come out in the last week? It doesn't really matter to me which one you buy, just be happy with it! wink.gif

Just curious for those that have color electronics, such as the 332C, etc., how is the viewing on these color units in the sunlight? If the H2OC is hard to see in the sunlight, wouldn't something like the 332C be similar as far as that goes? I'm still in the dark ages and haven't gone color yet for any of my electronics. But I would think the "color viewing" technology, whatever that may be, would be similar from GPS to depthfinders and low end to high end. Any input?

Aaron

I have the H2Oc and it is easy to read in the sunlight. I can see it a lot better than the BW in regular light or in the dark. WOrth the extra bucks. Also RAM sells a cool magnifier for around $35 for the unit that really makes them easy to read.

I have both units and can tell you that the 332C is a whole lot easier to read in the sunlight, or daylight for that matter than the H2OC.

I just got the Ifinder expedtion c and posted in the equipment section. I can't see what's on the screen without having the backlight on. It doesn't matter whether there is sunlight or overcast. I adjusted the brightness and contrast but it really didn't do anything. I even went to Gander and looked at the H2OC (they didn't have the expedition c) and it was the same result. I guess I will just have to use it with the back light on.

If you can't see the screen at all, then there is a problem with your unit and the one at Gander.

My Garmin is 4 or 5 years old and I can see it just fine even with a smaller screen then the I finders.

Even my old Garmin the 45 I could see the screen.

I would box it up and send it to Lowrance for them to fix, it is not working right.

Benny

I would just take it back to where you bought it and make them give you one that works! No need to spend your money on shipping!

With the backlight on thats what combats the direct sunlight making it so easy to see.

The only downfall is it might drain the battery a bit faster, but what ya going to do?

You turn down the backlight at night when its dark out so it doesnt blind you when you stare at it.

I have a Lowrance GM 3500C on the boat and I love it. Its so easy to see in direct sunlight compared to the monochrome unit I had before it. Its great. grin.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dad just bought a H20C with navionics premium hotspots chip. Had to teach him how to do a few things, and in doing so realized that i am buying one ASAP! Amazing little pieces of equipment. Easy to read in sunlight i thought, very accurate, and unreal the amount of lakes it has in it.

Quote:

I saw L&M in Gr. Rapids has em for $219.00. Pro chip $69.99

Good deal !!

Picked one up from Scuba Steve for $213.

{note from admin... Please re-read policy}.. no links