• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Chaunce

Good looking weekend

Chaunce

lots of ice , good weather, and the fishing has been good all week.

Bigred70

Chaunce,

I am bringing my girlfriend up for her first major icefishing experience...any ideas on a starting point for this weekend? I am not looking for your hotspot, but just a general idea so I can eliminate some unproductive water...thanks!

kelly-p

It continues to be 6 to 8 miles on Hillman's road for the most consistent action but more and more people are hitting them at 3 1/2, 4 or 5 miles. Yesterday I was able to go cross country with the Mazda all the way from Buddy's houses out by Rocky Point at 7 miles in to the people fishing at 3 miles. That is one huge area with a lot of good old waypoints that hasn't been fished all winter. 3 1/2 miles of nobody right across great crappie country. Today I'm going to take the V-Plow back out and punch some trails through there. There is way too much potential there for us not to be looking there.

findergameandfish

Kelly should be up there tomarrow for the last weekend plow out a spot for me and I will try it out!!

dougger222

Fished from dark until 11PM about 7.5 miles out of Hillmans with four guys on Wednesday. My brother and I drilled about forty holes and after four hours constantly moving around we finally caught a crappie which ran 13.5 inches. I told him he was going to see his first Red Lake crappie and it was the only one caught!!!

We spotted no more than four fish total off the bottom and one eye was caught. That day fishing was great on LOTW but as soon as we hit Red the wind came out of the North.