• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

caseymcq

Is anyone getting any crappies near Ely?

I was out on Garden Lake Last Friday and didn't get anything. Is anyone having any success anywhere?

monstermoose78

Well man your fishing a lake that is not know for huge numbers but better sized ones. I have not been fishing up there but check the dnr site and look for a lake with better crappie numbers and give it a shot.

SFBOY

They have to be getting fish on Pelican. Havent been up there but a lake with that many nice gills and crappies would be a good place to look.

NAMAKANWALLEYE

I know where I'd be if I was in Ely right now.....

I wish I was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone know if ice has started pulling away from any of the shores on the smaller lakes????

Maybe not until Easter???????

Steve Foss

The ice is still solid to shore except in some current areas. All the flowing rivers are open. It's been mostly highs in the low to mid 30s, with a fair amount of sun and wind, so melting is moving slowly with a lot of evaporation as it goes. Next couple of weeks should open things considerable. We're looking at highs in the 40s.

chunkytrout

I believe we're looking at rain chances by the end of the weekend as well. Armstrong had folks on it the last few times by it. I'm guessing the walk in trails are almost manageable but slippery.

caseymcq

Has anybody had any luck lately?

Fish&Fowl

Nada so far.

I've been tryin deep, shallow, weeds, rocks, minnows, waxies, where creeks flow into the lake, and anywhere else I can think of. Going out again this afternoon, maybe evening will be better than morning. No way to tell temp. in the duck boat, but it's gotta be getting close to spawning time on some of those smaller lakes.

monstermoose78

it is not easy to find them but when you do hang on. One Pine near the river that comes in just south od the acess can be a good spot. Bring alot of jigs the northern will take a bunch. A couple bays on Birch can be good i dont remember names. I had my best luck catching crappies and sunnies around opener even with warm springs. If you can get in to stub lake that shoud be good the north side of Fall lakes around the round the portage to newton i have caught crappies. Its so hit or miss up there i tried and only in my last year put together something that worked and that was fish and fish until i found them.

NAMAKANWALLEYE

I wont forget, May 10th, 2001.

The day I graduated from VCC, then the day after, My Dad and I slayed the Crappies in my most favorite Ely fishing hole!

Wish I was there now!!!!!!!!!!!

--Mark

Fish&Fowl

Yeah i've been into that river on One Pine a couple times, no luck yet. I'm sure it will produce when the crappies finally decide to move it and start eatin, ideal textbook spot.

monstermoose78

easy to sit on the rocks and study too

NAMAKANWALLEYE

study the side of a Milwaukees Best Light Tackle Box!

--Mark