• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
flagsup

st.pats. weekend report

flagsup

nothing extra special here,fished 4 days with 8 guys,we did okay had two big fish frys and everybody came home with a bag of fish.but it was tough.tried all over the lake,no particular depth,the fish seemed to be there but were tight lipped,the one thing we found is if you caught one and it spit up the bugs that was the bait to put back down the hole.and they seemed to hit it right quick.did the best over the mud but the humps worked too.the only bad thing about the weather was that it was too nice,if thats possible,it seems though nice weather-tough bite,was kinda hopeing for some cloud cover.early,early morning or late evening bite was the best,mid day bite was non existant for us,as far as travel 4wheel drive got you any where you needed to go.if it warmes up though it will get slushy,but we never unloaded the wheelers.did manage a couple fish just under a pound,but most were around that 9 inch mark.all-n-all it was another good winnie trip,just alot of work,seemes to get tougher each year,with the lower limit i cant figure why the fishing hasnt picked up.but maybe the lake is just on a swing.got our date set for next year though,PERCH-BEWARE,HA HA grin.gif

PikeBayCommanche

Yeah the bite this year I think will be pretty late this year. There is still 30 inches of ice and all of the slush and water probably refroze last night. I am thinking the first week in april might be the ticket but walking will probably be the nessasaryby then. good thing my spot is close to shore. Don't get to discouraged yet the best fishing is coming soon laugh.gif

dodger31

Hey Flagsup,

Did you hit any other lakes in the area for crappies? Thanks,

Dodger

flagsup

dodger,we did go to round to look for some perch,but that was slow too,but some real nice fish.went to another lake for a crappie bite but didnt have any luck.couldnt tell you the name was just following a buddy out.but didnt do any good so im not much help on that,was about 3 miles from nodaks.planned on going to cut foot,but we spent most our time on winni.thought maybe we'd have some extra time for cut foot,but winni took up most of our time looking for those darn perch.sorry,didnt hear of anything either while we were up there.we did hear that pike bay by cass was abetter bite for perch but never made it over there.we plan on trying other small lakes for suns or craps but like i said winni has been taking up most of our time the last couple years,maybe we should rethink our stategy. confused.gif