• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Guts....

Hiya -

Mother-in-law got the itch and reserved us some accomodations at the usual place for the 2nd week of July and let 'em know we'd be needing a guide...not just any guide...but Sir Oveson. He really should be knighted, y'know. grin.gif

Maybe this year you can shake some time loose for that drink by the campfire!

Man, I'm looking forward to it!

A1, good to hear from you, can't believe you are going to get away from those catfish long enough to get up here. I will make sure I can get away for a little while, wife and I hope to stay down there occassionally. Lots of changes there since your last trip up. I hope Sir Oveson can accomodate you, he says he is not going to guide much this year, so feel privledged. He will be a youthful 92 this year. guts

Hmmm maybe Mother-in-law can coax him out with some homemade lefsa!?! If I'm willing to rice up the taters, she's willing to make some!

I'm looking forward to it! "Up North" is like stepping out of the skin I wear every working day and letting the sun, wind and water soak the soul!

Say, I was wondering if deep trolling with dipsies & such would be a worthwhile tactic for big pike? What's yer take on deep trolling action in the summer up there?

Ron, the water temps and baitfish locations will be the indicators for big pike. I've known big sucker minnows to do the job when nothing else works. Using dipsies and or deep divers could work well, as might using leadline and a diver combo.

I've caught many a nice fish, using a 1oz or heavier slip sinker and a #18 floating rap rather than live bait.

I should mention that some of the nicer pike that are consistently caught throughout the summer, are simply caught using a large bobber and big suckers, lots of these are taken near the area of Gold Portage and in Hacksaw Pass, both locations near the resort.

I'll probably have more ideas and locations as the time approaches, and the facts come in. guts