• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Hermit

17 March Winnie Report

Hermit

Fished out of Dixon's at Third River landing. Travel conditions were fair. I did get stuck twice. There's about a foot of snow on the ice which was crusted up pretty good.....makes for excellent foot travel but the truck breaks thru the crust and if you slow down or try to creep around making turns you'll get stuck.

Fished 20-24 feet near the pressure ridge between Raven's and Stoney zombie drilling 25-30 different spots....caught a few dozen and kept some bigger ones. Went shallow (14-16 feet) and drilled another two dozen holes with better results. Occasionally you'll get a hole where you can milk out 10 fish in a row but then you've gotta move. The days of sitting on a spot for the duration of your trip and getting bit are no longer. Move 6-700 yards at a time until you find some biters and then mine around in 50-75 yard distances. I don't see how you can't get 20 perch if your willing to move around in an afternoon. Sit in a spot for an hour, and move only 2-3 other times.....good luck!