• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LED lights for ice house

DarnCollegeKid

Question

How well do the LED strip lights work in a portable? I use a lantern now, but it is kind of clumbsy. I was thinking about getting some LEDs.

6 answers to this question

The cheap Gander Mountain lights are terrible. I bought two sets and threw them out after first outing. Both had over half bulbs burnt out in one use. I can't speak for the more expensive version of rope lights. I use two truck trailer led lights puchased at a truck stop. About 8 feet of wiring and you can buy the pigtail connectors at truck stop also. Love them, I use a spare vex battery and they burn very long in fact haven't worn down battery yet. Good Luck.

I've got 2 of the First Ice led rope lights and they work great. I did have one bad string, but they have been going strong since I got them.

I also bought two rope lights from gander mountian...BUT...I have had very good luck with mine. Both sets are still burning brightly...I was a little concerned after reading other posts about the quality of this rope lights...but like I said, mine are still working just fine.

My Gander rope lights are working great too. Each strand has 6-8 lights that went out right away but there is still plenty of light and no more lights have gone out since I got them a few months ago.

I think they did have a bad batch of those lights early on.