• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Need dealer info please

Hi Guys, I just got a new to me boat. It came from a very reliable source (older brother.) I've been told the motor runs good but I'd like to take it to a dealer to have the motor tuned up and looked over so I don't have problems first day on the water.

My problem is I have no clue about dealers, or who has a good outboard mechanic in SW Minnesota. Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

There is always Action Sports in Marshall. I don't know about their mechanics, but they always seem very professional when I am in there.

It appears that the good mechanic and only mechanic in Pipestone Stoeber marine has quit. Tyler has a very good mechanic but very busy. I think Action sports is ok.

Bob quit at Stoeber's? When and do you know where he's going or what he's gonna do?

Eric you could talk to Jeff Engelkes in Slayton. He does mostly snowmobile stuff now I think out of his house/shop right there on 59, but he used to be Pete's mechanic out at Shetek and he is pretty good. He was our tech guy at the track for a few years if you don't know who he is, blond short haired guy.

Bob is working for the city of Pipestone now. Word is that he requested some help in the shop and was refused. Last year he serviced 100 more boats than the year before alone. We will all suffer for this. He was the best.

Huh, hadn't heard that. He might be back though. I don't know if you remember, but he did this same thing once before and went to work for the City but he came back. He's got a heck of a stubborn streak but he's a mechanic at heart... He is a darn good mechanic.

I guess he is going to help get the boats out of storage and get them ready this spring but that is it. I think this might be the real thing this time. You're right thou, he is a good mechanic.