• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Match Bass Fishing Tourney

Hey Fellow Bass fisherman. I have a new idea for fishing bass tournaments this year in the west metro. I am taking this idea from a format similar to one I saw in Texas. I think it would be a fun way to tournament fish this year and maybe years to come. I know that Cory and Deitz are trying to put a FM tournament together and I am in no way trying to take away from what they are doing. As a matter of fact I would really like to fish with them this year in their tournaments and meet fellow FM’ers.

If you have ever played match play golf then you will find this to be a familiar format. The idea is to fish a one on one tournament against another angler on the same lake. You pick the lake you want to fish. You will also fish out of your own boat. The winner of the match advances to the next round and the loser is moved to the loser’s bracket. Everyone is guaranteed to matches. Matches can be as short as three hours or as long as 14 hours. It’s up to the pairings to decide.

The only requirements that you will need to meet are:

You need your own boat.

You need to have a functioning livewell system for keeping fish alive.

You need to have a digital scale (X Tool or Rapala digital scale) and weigh-in-bag.

This year I want the format to be FREE, NO ENTRY FEE. The reason for the free entry is because I want to work out any bugs that are not foreseen in the planning. I may ask for a $5 dollar donation so that I am reimbursed for a real weigh-in-scale for the Match Championship. I have not yet decided if the matches will be setup as one big tournament or if we will have flights with the first and second place finishers of each flight advancing to the Match Championship. That all depends on the number of bass fisherman interested in fishing. I would like to get between 8 and 20 guys that want to fish this format.

I am looking for bass fisherman in the west metro area this year. If you live outside of the west metro you are still welcome to join but the anglers that live in the west metro will have the final say on lake choice. This rule could change if there is a high level of interest outside of the west metro area.

The season is sneaking up on us so the cut off for joining this year is May 14th 2006. Pairings will be posted no later than May 21st 2006. If you are interested in joining please email me at [email protected]

When you email me I will send you a complete list of rules and the tournament layout. The Match Championship lake is still to be determined, probably Waconia, Buffalo or Washington/Stella.

Below is a brief layout of how the tournament will work.

PAIRINGS

Match pairings are chosen randomly by pulling the names out of a hat. All competitors will only be paired against other anglers who have entered in the same region. On or near May 21st the 1st round of pairings will be posted.

SETTING UP THE MATCH

After your match has been posted it is the responsibility of each angler to contact their challenger. Each match must be completed within the time frame of that round (3 weeks from posting). Once you have contacted your challenger, you must discuss the lake that you want to hold your match. Each competitor may say "NO" to only one lake recommendation. For example, you tell your challenger you would like to hold the match on Buffalo. James Ferris, may say "NO" to that lake. Then, James may say he wants to hold the match on Waconia. You may say "NO" to that lake. If this is the case, the match lake will then default to the only lake remaining, Beebe. You may chose to hold your match on a lake not listed above if you both agree to the lake. The 3 lake choices are only listed to offer a resolution if you are not able to agree upon the lake. You can even hold the match on a private pond if you both agree to do so. Lake choices will most likely be different for each match round.

Once you have agreed upon a lake, you must then agree to a date, time, and place to meet your challenger. You can hold the match any day of the week and anytime of day, as long as the match is completed before the deadline date. For Example: You and your challenger have agreed to use Buffalo as your match lake. You then set up the time and place. You both agree that you would like to hold the match on Wednesday the 13th, and Northwest Ramp. You agree that you will meet at the Northwest Ramp at 6:00 AM and your weigh in will be at 2:00 PM, on the 13th. (It's a good idea to get each other's cell phone #, in case one of you is running late) Once you have set up a time to meet and a time to weigh in, you must E-mail the Bass Match address and let us know the schedule. Once you meet at the ramp, you will need to check each other's measuring board, and determine who's scale your going to use, ( You will measure and weigh each other's fish at the end of the day.)

You will fish out of your own boat (By yourself) the entire day.

COMPLETING THE MATCH

Once you have completed your match, you will determine a winner and then report your results to Bass Match before the deadline date. The winner will advance to the next round in the winner's bracket, and the other angler will move to the "B" flight. (If it is that angler's 1st loss). If it is his/her second loss, he/she is out of the competition and may be eligible for the end of the year Bass Match Challenger Tournament. Since the Bass Match is a double elimination an angler can lose one match, and still make it all the way to the Championship by winning the remaining matches.

• 3 weeks later...

So far we have 12 guys signed up and I think 3 others still have not sent back the entry form. If you are interested in joining please send me an email and I can send you more information. We also have a website under construction. The web site will provide all the details. Look for it to be up and running sometime next week.