• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

anybody ever been up by dixon fish how is it. think of going up thier this summer is it worth it. during jun eor july witch is better

Haven't fished Dixon personally...had a couple of guests who fished it over the past summer and did alright.

Anybody have some pointers for Justin32?

• 1 month later...

just wondering is dixon just outside of pennington?

Dixon is closer to Squaw Lake. FYI, it's a township owned carry-in access on the northwest shore of the south basin. It is a poor access with no parking

there is a resort with a good access but they might not let you use it unless you are staying at the resort. but it dont hurt to ask.

I launched my boat at the resort maybe 10 years ago. We did not stay there and they charged us $5 I think. Didn't catch any fish but it was a late spring and we hoped Dixon had warmed up more than Winnie.

I have had a summer place on dixon for a few years. There is a 17-26 protected slot which has made catching and releasing very productive. The lake is relatively small and provides only a couple spots for structure- many fish the weedlines in summer.There is no public access- the only access is thru the resort. I have caught crappies to 14 inches and perch that were 13 with relative regularity during the prime times for them-not to say you could not find them at other times. Many of the resort people opt for winnie or other lakes. I have had success on winnie, but the access is in the 3rd river flowage and a 3 mile boat ride out to the lake and can be very weed choked in midsummer. So I usually stick to dixon and have good success. Fathead minnows seem to outperform everything else on this lake- shiners, leeches, nightcrawlers I have tried, but a fathead is the ticket usually.