• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Hey guys. I'm new to the Crookston area and gave up rifle hunting for deer last year. 1st missed season in 17 years frown.gif Too many crazies out there for my 8 year old and myself. I did buy a bow though and am in dire need of a place to hunt next fall. Anyone have some land within an hour of Crookston that they would share with us? We're honest safe and responsible.

sysco joe, look for a map of the wildlife management areas in MN. Then check for some to the east south east of Crookston. There's alot of public land for bow hunting out there. Good luck!

Thanks Old Guide, that was my 1st step. Do you know anything about the WMAs between TRF and Crookston? Not many aerials available up here huh? Not many trees neither, not quite like Grand Rapids. Thanks for the help.

Look down around Erskine, there is some state land down around the lakes that have some pretty good deer herds around them. I know there is some state land on the west side of maple lake that I used to hunt a few years back. It's a place to start till you can get to know some of the locals around.

sysco-joe

I was born & raised in Crookston but left after high school. There is so much public hunting land around there, you should do alright. Little competition too by the way until rifle season starts up, then it gets crowded.

I would say you could hunt a waterfowl production area for 4-5 days bowhunting and never have another hunter around you.

Like mentioned before, check out towards Mentor & Erskine and around the lakes (Union & Maple). There are deer everywhere and lots of public spots as well.

I've got my secret tree near Union Lake that I may be hunting out of for a few weekends this fall. We'll see.

Joe: Look up Don Boone at the American Family office and see if he can help you. I went to school with him and if anyone in that town know anything it's him. He also has some young boys and can fish with the best of them.

Hey Sysco Joe, there is a lot of land around here and I too bow hunt. The best way is to get a plot book and start looking to see who owns the land around where you would like to hunt. Many farmers are very good about letting bow hunters use the land before the slug and rifle hunting starts. There are a lot of small public lands close to town. many of the Big ditches with wood lines are also open. The land I use is already being used by at least 4 bow hunters so it is pretty full. look me up some time and we can go over some of your options. Hope to see you on the water soon.

Hey thanks guys. I think I'm covered. I haven't locked in on any private land yet, gotta get that plat book(man am I cheap). I've got some good looking public spots in the works though. Thanks a bunch for the help.