• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to go????

hey everybody,

Just have a question for ya guys. I am travleling to the stillwater area this weekend and had plan on taking out the girfrinds two nephews who i believe are 4 and 5. If you guys could tell me any lake that will have numbers of fish to keep the little buggers busy for a half a day i would appreciate it. If you could also tell me ice conditions i would appreciate it.

thanks and have a great day

dont know about ice conditions but look into fihsing the croix... good for crappies this time of year.

check other forums for ice conditions

Try Big Carnelian Lake. The lake has a good population of gills and you will not need to walk too far. Fish between the ramp and the small island to the east - closer to the island. Try sight fishing by looking down the hole. The lake was not too clear last time I was out but it should be getting better by now. The kids will like seeing the fish below them and they may see a huge pike swim by.

Try Lily Lake, It is DNR mapped, next to the hockey rink theres a public access, it has nice crappies , if you know where to look and a lot of sunfish, just start at the access and walk and drill till you start catching fish. moonglows in 10 and eurolarve and spring bobbers. I would not venture on Carnlian or the croix with the rain we just had with a car. its 1 mile N of Owens and hwy 36 light.

Used to walk down and fish it as a young one, area sure has changed, but sure the fish are still there, just get past the weedline. 10-15ft.

thanks guys for the input i will would to watch those little guys watch fish it would be very exciting for them i just hope that the ice can hold up until this weekend. thanks,

lyonch