• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

need to make a decision

fievel9922

i planned a trip for four of us this weekend and have not seen to many good reports for slabs and the snow seems to be a problem. was thinking of changing the date for a couple of weeks from now. anyone have any input as to if i should go now or wait. i do have acess to sleds so will be able to get around but obviously not as much as i would like.

Fished out of Mort's 12 hours...moved ALOT..4people,17 eyes, 12 perch 0 crappies...sunday...8hrs, Sunny Beach..8 eyes, 2 perch 0 crappies...I have been fishing this lake for 9 years, worst I have ever seen,I have been up there four times this year and no crappies.The big crappie era is over. Getting to be lots of snow.Sleds would work the best if you dont have two pickups in case you get stuck and you will get stuck if you wander off the roads.In the rough ice you will need an extension otherwise no. That's my story and I'm stickin to it.

You'll find some if you move around enough to find them! or the 1st spot will be just as good it can get! Good Luck, I'll be up the weekend after this weekend! cool.gif

Quote:

I have been fishing this lake for 9 years, worst I have ever seen,I have been up there four times this year and no crappies.The big crappie era is over.

I agree, just got back, and the walleye population is the dominant feature on the south side of the lake. We rented a house from a "guide" out of Rogers, 1 crappie, 50+ walleyes, 10 perch or so. 2 days, drilled about 300 holes, 7 guys. Unless you sit down on the crappies, good luck finding them. What I don't understand is how you can tell a guest that you have never caught a crappie in your circle of houses all year. Excuse me but get off your azz and move around a little. frown.gif

We only tried Rogers, three spots in all. With 4 guys fishing hard, and three that were pretty content to stay at the rental, we covered a pretty good area.