• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

North Metro Panfish with Matt Johnson

Yesterday I had the pleasure of of chasing crappies & sunfish with Matt Johnson and his dad Tom. Man did we spank them. Matt really knows his stuff and between the three of us we conservatively iced 200 fish n a full day of fishing. We each brought home enough for a small meal hile releasing the rest.

The crappies were mostly 8-10 inches with some 11's and some smaller. The biggest bluegills we caught were a solid 9 inches.

We caught fish in two feet of water sight fishing and also fished depths out to 11 feet. No need to look for deep water yesterday. I caught my first crappies using plastics only. The crappies couldn't resist a number 6 pink Ratso.

If you are looking for a great fishing experience I would highly recommend Matt as a guide. I know I learned a great deal from Matt. Matt definitely knows were the pannies hang out at all times of year.

Thanks,

WG

Thanks for the kind words Eric. My dad and I had a great time fishing with you yesterday. My dad is still talking about those turkey sandwiches smile.gif

It's always nice when the fish cooperate the way they did. Although we couldn't find that 10-inch sunfish for you, it was still nice to see the consistent action.

I'll be back out there tomorrow, hopefully the bite continues.

Keep in touch and we'll make it out again in the future...