• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Floe dock systems

Yukon Don

Question

Anyone out there have a Floe roll-in dock system? I'm looking for a dock system and am interested in their dock system. Just wondering of the pro's and con's of the Floe system.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Yukon Don

8 answers to this question

A friend of mine put one in for their association. They used a goal post type configuration. The sections just hang together. It was too light to hold many boats. The had to add bold and clamps to keep the dock together.

We've had our Floe dock system for close to 10 years now and looks as good as new (daughter's job is to scrub it each Spring). We have 12' and 16' sections and 8' x 12' deck. We have a mucky base which makes rolling in a bit more difficult, but I can still do each section by myself using a small row boat to rest on if necessary. Going from an old steel roll-in to the Floe has made my life much easier each Spring and Fall. We use the lake/dock a lot and have had a weedroller attached to the dock for the past five seasons. No issues whatsoever with the dock.

Good Luck in your decision process.

Roadking and Luckey,

Thanks for your replies. I'm curious Roadking about how your using the weed roller in conjunction with the dock system. I too have a weed roller and am thinking that I would need to attach it to a support pole. Is that how you have yours connected? I was hoping that I could shove in and pull out multiple sections at one time. It sounds like you put each section in one at a time? Have you ever tried pulling in a whole section say 40 ft? I was thinking of using an ATV. Were thinking of creating an "H" system where by we have a boat slip for our pontoon. Floe docks seem to be on the upper end concerning cost, I hope it's worth it.

Again guys thanks for your input.

Yukon Don

If you use the "H" design you must put it in one section at a time due to the wheel arrangement.

For our weedroller, I have a 8" piece of 2x2 aluminum that I mounted on the the corner of our deck section. I attach the shaft of weedroller to the aluminum with 2 U bolts. Because of our muck bottom and doing it myself, I put the dock sections in one at a time. Having a fairly step grade down to our lakeshore, I don't have the room to pull the sections out all at once with my ATV. We do have a 'h' configuration, but it's modified slightly. I put two Shorestations on the inside of the 'h' instead of one inside and one outside. We had a third Shorestation on the outside, but have since consolidated into multifunctional boats. The deck section kind of hoses up the ability to land a boat on the one side of the dock, so having two lifts within the 'h' frees up the outside for another boat to tie on. Hope that makes sense. I live in the Monticello area, so if you want to stop and look at the configuration or how I mount the weedroller, you are welcome to. I might even have an extra piece of the 2x2 aluminum if you like that idea. Good Luck.

Hi RoadKing,

Thanks for the reply and the idea of clamping a post on the dock. That way I can move it where needed. We have a place up on Crosslake of the Whitefish Chain and had a softer bottom. We've been running the Weed Roller for a few years now and our bottom is fairly hard, but from time to time we run it to clear it up and get rid of the weed growth. We don't have a lift for our pontoon so we plan on just parking it in the "H" of the proposed dock system. The "H" will give us access to fuel it and load an unload passengers more effectively. I think that I can pull out larger sections of the dock system with our ATV and will have to pull in some sections by hand. Again thanks for your offer to come over but I would hate to bother you. I appreciate you sharing your ideas. That's what makes this forum so great.

Thanks again,

Yukon Don

Yukon Don - No Problem sharing the information. I've been through a lot of docks in my life and these are the first I can really do on my own. My configuration of two lifts inside the 'h' limits me to accessing my boats from just one side. Fortunately, my gas tanks and access to the boats are on the sides I have access to.

Good Luck. You'll like your Floe dock and get years of use from it.

I always get roped into helping my brother and other buddies, and my bro has 2 lifts and numerous dock sections. He got his about 3-4 years ago, and the docks are a one man job. They are absolutely slick. They have the aluminum top, and stay nice and cool in the direct sunlight and clean up great too. I'm looking for a place, and plan on getting a floe when the time comes.