• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kirby Puckett

No doubt!

They had a great piece on the news tonight from Kent Hrbek. Kent said he can't recall how many families have their dogs named Herby & Kirby.

We'll miss you Kirby.

Yep very sad! I have some fond memories of being at the World Series with my dad and seeing him.

When I was in college, I used to play a lot of Basketball at Northwest's Crosstown Club during the winters and Kirby would come down to play once in a while. Everything people say about him is true. He would remember every Joe Schmoes name and was always smiling and laughing about something. I've met other professional athletes, but never one like Kirby. He was exactly as you saw him on the field. Very positive and always enjoying life.

i used to work at superamerica in edina right next door to Jerry's (on news) he was in our station about everyday - what a great man - i think back to the late 80's and i think every little boy wanted to be Kirby Puckett..... he may be gone but always remembered. yesterday was a very sad day in the baseball world.

Great human being, great career, great ball player... We could all take a lesson or two from K.P. Life is too short. Enjoy the time while you have it and don't stress over things you cannot control. Lots of good memories watching that guy play the game.