• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone tried useing them on the river? I was reading about the ones with xtra IR out put and debating it. I'm pretty sure id get use out of it during the winter in the harbor but I'm pretty doubtfull about the rest of the year.

Ive never seen one working so i have no frame of refrence, most lakes i know around the metro seem to murky for one yet they seem to be selling.

I've had good results with my camera on most metro lakes. I've been on a couple stained water lakes where the visibility was OK and some where it was useless. I haven't found the lighting to offer that much of an advantage. The IR works OK and the Hi-Vu lights are like turning your high beams on during a snow storm. I usually pull mine when it gets dark.

I've heard of people using them in the river. I don't see why it wouldn't work. Actually, on this site many moons ago there was a video of a bunch of sturgeon stacked up in some river out east and it was on an aquaview or some camera. I thought it was out east. Basically skimming the bottom of the river. That would great on pool 4 looking for them big dog walters or a school of eater sauger. Plus it's just a neat tool to have. I don't have one, but I will, oh I will grin.gif

Thats encouraging, Ive wanted one for a while. I figure when im not fishing i can plug it into the tv on the big boat and study fish year round. then i would really be able to say whats in the harbor/when:)