• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ive ben catching alot of 10in craps and 1 11 is there any local lakes with some 12s or 13s. i had two goals this year a walleye through the ice(on a wally lake not millstone or like that) thats done 14inon millacs now i need a 13in crap need help

There could be bigger fish hanging around those 10 inchers you've been catching. Possibly off to the sides, we were out with a group of guys and one guy marked fish the whole time, he was right on top of them, and the fish he brought up were nice fish (10-12"), but we were off to the side a little bit, didnt mark nearly as much fish but out of the 3 we caught one was 13" and the other 14" , my other buddy that was between us caught a 13" and a 14" not to mention some smaller ones (9-12").

I dont know, I'm no crappie expert, but could be worth a try, especially if you are already on fish.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

for a big crappie try a big lake like hmm mille lacs I know they have been knockin some pigs out of there the last few winters. Or go to url i have caught my share 14 inchers up there.

I have had some of my best luck with big crappies on small lakes that get very little pressure from anglers. I also use the recreation compass and lake finder on the DNR's website to look for information on lesser known lakes.

This is an excellent way to start.

Oh yeah... once you do find them, tell nobody, because you just struck gold. Of course you can tell me though. I can keep a secret. grin.gif

Loebs, You hit the nail on the head with that. I moved to buffalo 3yrs ago. I have found several really good fishing spot by using the DNR site. You may be really surprized.

loebs: You could also tell me and I will help you keep the secret. wink.gifBill