• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

March Madness

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Well the late ice panfish bite is starting to show signs of improvement. Over the course of the last few days I have witnessed incresed activity in the water colum. The fish are starting to get aggressive and aren't as slugggish as they have been most of the winter. I have been finding nice crappies starting to stage on interior flats 8-12 ft of water near the breaklines. These fish are getting aggressive and are willing to chase presenatations rather than just takeing a look. I have also been finding the crappies tight to the ice in the early mornings. It's not been uncommon to see fish 2-3 ft under the ice. I have been haveing my best luck on Custom Jig and Spins Ratso's,Rat finkees etc. It seems the plastics have been the key lately. Just a heads up that the best bite is comeing but things are starting to heat up.

I've noticed the same thing. Once the crappies get agressive they will move to just below the ice so if your marking fish 3-7 feet down make sure to check it out, bring that bait up and you will be amazed at how aggresive they are.