• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I am heading over to the Grand Rapids area at the end of March. Hoping to hit Bass Lake off of Pincherry Rd. Is this the Bass Lake that is considered a trophy bluegill lake? If so, what time of day do they hit? Able to drive all over the lake with 4 WD vehicle? Are their maps available for the lake? I apologize for the scattered thoughts. This is the first time I have been on here, although I have viewed many a post on other lakes in the area, and they have been fantastic with assistance on lakes, depths, driving conditions, ice conditions, places to stay, etc. I appreciate all the help I have gotten in the past from just reading the posts. After this trip, I hope to become someone whom may be able to assist with info, instead of gleaning that info off more informed people. Again, thank you very much, any and all info is greatly appreciated. Have a fantastic day, and here's to hoping the NFL gets their labor agreement figured out.

they have been starting to get a few but most people park on the landfill road and walk on in march

Jason

Thanks. We are coming over on 3/31 and 4/1 to try to catch a few of those trophy gils. Would the resorts around the lake have maps, such as Wildwood and Hidden Haven? Instead of purchasing one over the internet. Thanks again for the help.

Dodger- Have you been fishing Bass pretty regular? Was on a few weeks ago looking for info. Do you have good current intel????

Negative Chadbeirl, This is a new lake for our group. Was told about it for gills late ice last year and drove out to take a look. Did not fish but there were a few out there and more heading out Easter Sunday morning last year. We will definitely give it a whirl in late March. How bout you? Any experiences good/bad? Tried Cutfoot for gills last year and caught big perch. Go figure.

Dodger

Dodger- Was up the last weekend in Feb. fishing perch on Winnie. The women at the motel told me they were catching big gills on Bass Lake. I have been trying to get some info off the forum about it. I know how helpful free info can be.........

I have also been told about cutfoot. I am coming up next weekend for perch on Winnie. If things slow down I am going to jump over on cutfoot and give it a try. I guess they have been catching some crappies lately. Would be nice to add some crppie for a mixed bag. If I come up with any info I will sure let you know.

grin.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Try one the smaller south part of the lake to the east of the channel. There's a bullrush island just in front of my uncle's place where we have done pretty good in the past.