• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Diawa Accudepth?

I read a previous post on Line counters where a couple folks reported problems with Accudepth reels. I was considering getting a couple as spares for when I have others in the boat (since Cabela's has them at $30). Has anyone had success using these or should I stick with the Sealines?

If you can afford it, stick with the sealine. I have 8 accudepths from the 17, 27 and the 47. I use them for trolling for walleyes, salmon and trout. The lc17 is just to small of a reel for me. I've had nothing but trouble with the 27's. I even returned some and got new ones that do the same thing (drag sticking and free spool problems). But the 47's work good so far.

Mine were ok for walleyes but salmon and bigger lakers tore them up. The drags just werent the best and failed terribly after only half a summer. If you dont use them for trout or salmon I would give them a try at that price.

If your looking for quality go with the Sealines.

I have a couple of Accudepths which I use for salmon fishing. I think they were 47 and 57. They have worked well for me for one season and have not been a problem. In fact, I had the OKUMA brand which I had to return. I have not heard of sealine. Who sells them??

Thanks

Sealine is the top end Diawa's. About $90 apiece but pretty indestructable and proven to be tough with a smooth drag.

The Accudepth has been a good reel for me, in fact if you look at the drag scematics you will find it is the same drag as the sealine, just different construction. I have a couple that are on their fourth year and have never had a problem with them, if you take care of them properly. The biggest issue with drags is people don't loosen the drag when they come off of the water, this will cause a drag to stick sooner.

I have had Accudepths, Sealines, Convectors, and Cabela's brand of linecounters and for bang for the buck, I would get the Accudepths. They have put more big Salmon in my boat than any other reel.

do you want to spend a little now or alot later. do yourself a favor and buy the sealines,tekota or depthmaster gold if you can swing it. youll be glad you did.

I run 4 accudepths with no problems and I have killed 3 Okumas. I average five days a week on the water after walleyes and except for occasionally jigging and some throwing I am usually crankin so 30 bucks is a heck of a deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the lc17 accudepths However the ones I have aren't the $30 ones they are just like the sealines but are smaller and they were $79 at Joes. When I bought them they said the 17 were the best selling walleye model and have been bullet proof.