• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Any one else getting anxious for open water?

With the warm weather and all the melting I am getting the feaver real bad. I even went out and cleaned off the boat yesterday... sigh sigh.... Not too far off now...

By the sounds of the officials we are going to have a wet spring. The moisture in the Red River basin is very high and spring flooding might be an issue again. Lets hope for a slow thaw.

Hey Wiskers,

I am also feelin the pain of no open water. I have looked at the snowfall for the year and it could get interesting. I pulled in 2 of my 5 summer rods last night and respooled them with new mono and I have to wait to respool my tuff line until I go somewhere that has it. Didn't check seasons yet but will have to check there too.

Not long to go before those kitties will be biting again!!

I was thinking about digging my boat out of the snow today too! I'm sure I'll have it in the garage by next weekend. I hear ya, man I can't wait.

Rusty are you going to the Catfish League Banquet this Thursday? I decided to become a member this year, so I'll be there.

Can't say I've got a bad itch yet but I have been thinking about open water. Might look into upgrading the boat this year if something comes along, that's about as far as it has gone.

Still hoping for a couple trips to L.O.W yet before the ice starts to let go.

Mike

The weather today got me fired up!! Even saw a fish duck flying around by the dam here in TRF. If I could get at my boats I'd probably sit behind the wheel!!

Rusty,

I can't wait for the open water. From the Looks of things I will have open water before you. tongue.gif I hear there are BIG Cats down in or around the Appleton area. Only 20 or so miles from me now. I want in the worst way to get out the big cat rods. Can't wait to get the Little Jon boat out and get it wet. If you get to the in laws this year give me a holler.

Shane

Oh, I'm starting to get real antsy, sun is shinning and the snow is melting...I'm going to take a little drive over lunch just to get away for awhile.

Tips, how goes good brother?

contract disputes, so home we go. beautiful day in the southern portion of marshall cty. am looking at going north fri/sat. rev's house warming sat.

trf empty?

good thoughts for the PROWLERS

should be lots of teachers to find for fishing with the district closed down.

Moe is delicious!!!!!!!!!!

may end up in fargo soon.

K2

Lee, I did not make the banquet because I was up pre fishing for the tournament on LOW. I did hear that my team made it in the lottery. wooohooo....

That league is awesome and a real good time. I wish more FMers would join up around here. It is a great way to learn more about the cats and bond with fellow catters.

See ya on the water.

SID!!!!!!!!!!!! Where you been............wooooooohoooo.. I do want to come down and test your waters this summer. I hope I can make the time. I have such a full schedule already.. tourneys, film shoots, bookings and work.. sigh sigh.. its going to be a crazy summer.

White tips.. now thats just not right.. you cant be rubbing it in that much on these forums.. 47 degrees... thats almost pushing criminal munbers while us up here are sitting in 10 degrees again.. lol... Got the boat all cleaned up and snow off it then it rains, snows and freezes all that slush on it again.. its killing me..

Rusty-

I would almost come up to fish the league. You think you could talk those guys into having it on a Saturday. LOL! grin.gif

LOL.... some times Sat would be nice. Wed are so peaceful though...

So, if LipRipper and I would have brought 4 Pout (3@9lbs & 1@ 3lbs)a limit of 15-17" eyes, 4 nice saugers, and one 14" Perch, how would we have done in that Tournament at Zipple???????

If we would have paid money we would have been skunked.

I hear ya Hanson. I would like Saturday's better too, as I live an hour from Grand Forks and I work evenings! Urrrggg. Oh well. I mainly registerd so I could fish the July 22nd Tournament.

I will probably use some vacation days so that I can atleast fish a couple Wednesday Nights.

I cleaned all the snow off my boat cover today. This weekend is going to be dedicated to getting most of the boat ready once again for open water. The opening of the rainy isn't too far off! shocked.gif

Curt Quesnell and myself are again in Cats Incredible. We were drawn as team #30-something?

WOW 5 days without a post, anyone still alive in here or have we all left to find other forums that are a little more active? I know I just pulled out the rods and spooled them with new line. Had to clean the dust off of the tackle box but now we are ready to rock.

I could not wait any longer.. I just have to get the RP on open water. Headed up to the Rainy yesterday... pant pant.. Fishing was pretty slow, the rush of Eyes are not up yet but at least we were on open water..

• 2 weeks later...