• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Drivable Ice

Think it will be done by the weekend? Supposed to be 40 almost every day with some rain. Lakes are a zoo right now, hopefully we'll be walking again so it isn't quite as easy.

I agree with that. I like when ya have to work atleast a little to get out there. It does filter out at least a few of the "you know what" for brains. I'll will hopefully drive out tomorrow, but I got a small car. If it rains I ain't trusting it no more. It's gonna get unstable quick this year. Most would agree that never got real safe this winter.

With the weird weather this is the first year my truck has never drove on the ice. Sleds and four wheelers. Last weekend I walked 1/2 mile to get to the spot. Good exercise but I did learn that the walk back sure seems a lot longer.

Until I got my wheeler about three weeks ago, I was walking up to a mile to get to spots. You are right, the walk back was really not very much fun at all.

I think last weekend will be the last time my vehicle will be on the ice. Sounds like alot of rain this week. frown.gif I hate to say it, but I may be done for the season. I'm planning on fishing pool 2 this weekend.

yep i usually use my wheeled house for a portable for a few more weeks but i think she will be going to the triangle car wash early this year for her yearly bath..... no need for a house when the temp is 42 - i can wear a rain coat....

I haven't driven a vehicle on the ice anywhere south of Mille Lacs yet this year. I certainly ain't gonna start now.

I was out last nite in the rain on Prior. I saw plenty of larger vehicles out there, so I scooted around some very questionible spots and made it out. Just about the time it started pouring. Most of them took of shortly after, I think they got a little skeerdd. I knew I was relitivly safe where I was, but I wasn't lookig forward to getting back on land. Long story short... the fishing sucked, I got rained on, and thats the last time I'm driving out.