• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

BROADHEADS FOR TURKEYS

huntingmaxima

What is your favorite broadhead for turkeys. This will be my first year using a bow for turks. I use 100 gr muzzys for everything else. I imagine they will work but was wondering what everyone else uses.

Expandables are a popular choice amongst turkey hunters. Personally, I use a 2" cut Rocket Hammerhead expandable which worked well on my first and, so far, only bow-bird. My buddy used a NAP Gobbler Getter expandable which also worked equally as well. The Muzzy will probably work depending on where you hit the bird. I like the bigger cut in case my shot is a little off. Most turkey bowhunters seem to like to keep the arrow in the bird instead of going for a pass-through. You can't count on there being any blood trail to follow so keeping the arrow in the bird does more damage as the turkey moves away and should help keep the bird from gaining flight. Shot placement is the key, like all bowhunting. Best of Luck.

Every heard of the gobbler guillotine? Check out the website there's some pretty sweet video.

[note from admin-sorry, no unauthorised links]

Check out this post in the turkey forum:

Broadheads for Turkeys

Even with the large mechanicals, turkeys are notorious for running a ways after the shot. Depending on if they can get air or not, your chances of finding them can be slim if you have a poor shot. This problem is compounded with a strutting bird, as it looks like you can't miss this seemingly humungous target.

I'll be shooting the guillotine. If I miss, I won't wound the bird. If I connect, my tag will be punched!

Joel