• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Old Gas

aug495fish

Question

I bought a "new for me" boat in January (thanks Valv!) and I am starting to get it ready for open water. It has about 3/4 of a tank of gas in it and I want to empty out the tank before I take it in to get a tune up and some other service on it. Would it be OK to mix this gas in with one of my vehicles? Or should I just drain it and take it to the hazardous waste place? There is no oil mix in it. Thanks in advance for your insight.

9 answers to this question

Safe answer: Get rid of it.

Now, how does it smell?

Do ya have an older gas guzzling vehicle to run it in?

Can ya store the old gas in some cans and add a little at a time?

With the cost of fuel, sure would be a shame to pitch it...My .02

See, that's how I get rid of old gas, I put it in the boats I sell..... grin.gif

Just kidding, of course. Anyway follow Kevin's suggestion, DO NOT try to use it again in your motor, once gas got old you cannot "reverse" it back with stabil or seafoam....it doesn't work quite that way, it will plug up your carbs and you will spend twice as much you paid for the boat to have a mechanic fix it....

Your county should accept the gas at its hazardous waste facility.

Ask someone with an older tractor,my neighbor love free gas for it... Strat

old gas can be dumped in your truck or suv? if only 3 or 4 gal to a tank full? castindad

No, I didn't, are you spelling it correctly ?.

Do you click on email link below ?

Anyway I have only 1 decal for an older Johnson OB, it's approx 8.5" long x 2" high.

I cannot take picture since it's in between 2 papers to keep sticker....sticky

If you sendm me your address I'll send it over.