• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Kirby Puckett

fisherman

I always loved watching Puckett play baseball. He was a childhood hero of mine. He played the game the way it should be. I have always felt that he is a great person, despite the coverage of him in last few years. He was treated terribly by the Twins and the media following his divorce and the accusations against him.

I hope he makes it through this, but from the reports I hear it doesn't sound good. Godspeed Puck.

Unfortunately, just saw on the news that he passed away. Loved watching him play baseball. Thoughts and prayers out to the Puckett family.

I loved watching him play, he will be missed. This is the image that pops into my head when I think about "Puck" We'll see ya tomorrow night!

PUCKPHU008001.jpg

Truely one of the greats to be out on the diamond! It was tough to cus at the guy when he'd be swinging for his shoe laces because the next at bat was always one we were cheering for.

Very sad day for Twins baseball.....sad day for baseball period.

Sad Day Twins fans hats off to the best centerfielder to play for this franchise,will be sorrily missed will never forget Jack Bucks famous words AND WE WILL SEE YA TOMORROW NIGHT heres to Number 34.

I'm in shock, I'm stunned, I'm saddened and I feel horrible for his family and all of the people like myself who he helped create those magical seasons for! He may or may not be the greatest athlete any Minnesota team has ever seen, but one thing that cannot be debated is the fact that he brought more joy into our living rooms than any other player ever has. As corny as this sounds, I could just just break a tear! It's like a great part of our short history has been taken away and much much too soon! frown.gif

I am saddened to learn of Kirby passing away....My thoughts and prayers are with his family and close friends.

It sure is a huge loss for all of us who got to watch him over the years. Its kind of like trying to tell your young kid who loves sports, how great some of the past players were. Like when they show clips of Walter Payton, and you yell for your kid to come watch this on "Classic Sports", We'll be doing the same for Kirby.

They should name the new Stadium "Pucket Place". Like you said nobody brought more pride and joy to the living room in Minnesota than Kirby. Sad, day.

As a die hard "Pale Hose" fan, I used to hate Kirby because he killed the Sox, much like AJ before he came over. As a baseball fan, he was good for the game and had a real zest for the game. He seemed to truly enjoy the game and life itself. Why is it, the good seem to die young? The thoughts and prayers go out from the Southside of Chicago to Kirby's family. We went through it with Walter Payton and it really hits a town hard and long when one of their icons goes down.

Rest well, young warrior.

I'll never forget going to a game as a youngster equipped with my baseball glove postitioned in left center field and was ten feet away from catching a Puck homer as he sent one sailing right at us.

Quote:

I loved watching him play, he will be missed. This is the image that pops into my head when I think about "Puck" We'll see ya tomorrow night!

PUCKPHU008001.jpg

EXACTLY! And that's how I will remember Puck. He and Hrbek my favorite Twins if not my favorite athletes of all times. Man I am just crushed by this news...

RIP Kirby!

Kirby was one of my heroes growing up. I am watching sportscenter at this moment and they played both his catch off the wall and his Game 6 home run. I got chills watching them both and I was only 7 when they happened but got to stay up late to watch the game.

One of the best will be missed! I will always remember a game agaisnt Milwaukee where Puck went 6 for 6. He was such a great hitter!

When I think of the twins, Kirby will always be the first guy that comes to mind. He was a hero to many people and we will be missed. I thank him for the memories.

Thanks for game Six in Nineteen Ninety One and all your years in a Minnesota Twins uniform, We will miss you. Good Bye "Puck"

Kirby played baseball like it was supposed to be played he hustled on every play regardless if he out by a mile or it was a photo finish do you think he would stand there on home plate and watch his homerun? no,he took a pay cut to stay with the twins when he could of signed with any other team and make alot more money he was a true class act there will be nobody else like him.....ever!

You didn't have to know anything about baseball to be a Kirby Puckett fan. A very somber day for Minnesotan's

He was a kid from the tough streets of Chicagos south side and was told he was too fat to play baseball. Guess he showed the "Experts," eh?

Sad as I am that Puck is gone, I sure am glad I got to watch him play.

I cant beleive it...a childhood hero of mine gone...I remember playing sandlot ball with my best bud...and doing the "puckett" leg kick when batting. Some great memories of mine were made by that man. I remember him in the 87 series jumping up against the plexy glass snagging the ball ....leaping over the the 408ft sign in center field, robbing a Homerun. I still have the poster of him doing that.. with the caption "Out of the Blue" written on it. Its a sad day for minnesota. But Kirby Puckett was a legend and will never be forgotten in minnesota..or in the baseball world. With that said... good bye Puck....thanks for all of the memories.

Didn't he play all 9 positions in one game?? Some one was asking this here at work.

no i am pretty sure he never pitched or played anywhere but the outfield!!!

I'm sure he played all of the infield positions & I believe that was in one game. I thought he pitched once too, not sure about catching though. He was a third baseman when he was drafted.

I remember Dan Gladden pitching one inning during a lop sided loss. I think Tom kelly was trying to save his bull pen for a game they could win.

I am sure glad my kids and I had the pleasure to watching him play ball. I heard him once say that he was thankful for everyday he could put on a Twins jersey because any day could be your last. Thanks Kirby, you will not be forgotten