• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

coyote guns

FrontenacPike

i guess i couldnt tell you if it is better than the 17 rem. i know that i like mine and wouldnt trade it for any other varmit rifle. very accurate, but at extremely close ranges it exits on coons, but at 100 yds couldnt tell he was shot. fox it exited but at 300yds was just a tiny dime sized hole. i used 32 grain blitz kings and 33 grain double hollow points, i didnt get to see the results of the 33 grains, picked them up late this year. but they didnt seem to be as accurate. i am all for the 204.

I'm sorry if it was already mentioned, but for close range the 12ga and No4 buck is the schnizzle on yotes - especially if your an average shooter like me and they're on the move. Probably more of a solution for the guys chasin the circling ones in tight cover with lazy, smelly hounds grin.gif

Has anybody had good luck with the .17hmr? If so about how far can you get a clean kill at?

for the 17hmr fox 100yds or so you should be safe and coyotes maybe 60. shot one that was wounded already and it took two to the chest and one to the head to end it. coons 125 or so dependeing on the size.

From what I've heard 17 are seriousley effected by the wind??? Any valour in that???

depends on how much wind there is. at 100yds in a hard crosswind it moves but in a breeze say 5-15 maybe 20 i dont think it bothers a whole lot. shot crows at 150 in a stiff wind accouted for it missed next shot held right on, got him dead. sure it effects it some but not as much as people think.