• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lowrance x102c

FM_Mike

Question

Does anyone have the x102c? Do you like it? Pro's or Con's.

I do not need GPS. I was also looking at the x107c, what would be the advantage of a of 2400 watts or 4000 watts. What advantage is there to a dual frequentcy transducer.

Ok, enough questions. I fish small lakes that are not overly deep. I now have a x85 will this be a good upgrade. I want to stay around $550 to $600.

Thanks, Mike

2 answers to this question

I have an x-102c, also have an lms 332c which has the same sonar as the x-102c. They're really nice units, you get a lot for the price. The displays are large enough that they're easy to see even from a bit of a distance, but not so big and heavy that they cause problems on RAMs in rough water. Very high pixel counts at 480x480, the combination of the pixels and the color really produces nice images.

I would go with the x102 vs. the x107, since you said you don't fish deep water. I've had dual frequency units before and never used the 50 Khz setting, you need to be really deep (60 feet plus) or in saltwater to get any benefit from that frequency.

I'm not very familiar with the x-85 other than that it is a good monochrome unit. Color is an upgrade for you, along with new screen technology and probably higher pixel counts. And since the x-85 is an older unit now I would assume there have been some technology changes in the processors, but I don't know.

The x-102c will be a little under $500.

FM Mike,

I have run the X-85 for quite a while and loved it! Great unit!

I bought the X102-c this winter after fishing with a buddy last summer that had it. I was really impressed with the way this sonar showed the fish, bottom changes and the overall ability to read the screen, (even from the back of his boat)! shocked.gif

Really looking forward to this spring now! grin.gif

Cliff