• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I would like some info on this lake for the open water months. I have been out there a couple of times last summer with some success, mostly largemouth bass. Anybody have any comments of the state of this fishery.

Thanks,

Musky999

Thanks I'll do that. Anyone else have any comments on this lake.

I have heard of people getting some nice walleyes while trying to catch lakers, but otherwise I have not fished it much myself. I have gotten some decent sunnies out there in the summer.

ddsbyday,

I am having trouble emailing you. I have tried it twice now and it comes back as undeliverable mail and there is some kind of error with it.

• 2 weeks later...

ddsbyday, I still haven't got the email out to you, is that the right email address. Anybody else have any comments.

Thanks

Fish the lake quite a bit, couple things, yes, pretty good bass (large and smallmouth) and large northerns if you can find them, very deep clear lake, deep weedlines and doesen't really warm up until July. A neat thing to try is long lining Huskie Jerks in the evening down the middle of the lake..wallys..weird but true. there are some nice wallys in there also but once again, tough lake, best days are normally overcast. good Luck

It can be one heck of a lake to figure out at times.

Tried downrigging, trolling and all that stuff and I've come to realize most days you have to have luck on your side and A LOT of time (and an understanding spouse) no matter how hard you fish.

Throw me an email if you like. I would like to learn and share tips..

[email protected]

• 2 weeks later...

The lake is very narrow so it always seems busy in the summer. I have been able to spend many Sun. eves.being the only boat on the lake. ( Not so fun when I had trouble getting the motor started). Just a tip after dark, because it is a narrow lake you must be careful some people think fishing without lights on their boat must somehow hide the fact that they probably do not have a license. I think I will get sued for running over someone to dumb to live.

I fished the lake many times in the past. We used to stay at a resort on the lake. The resort now sold most if not all if its lakeshore land. The lake is first a great bass fishery. Walleye are tough to find along with northern. The panfish are there in large numbers but run on the small side. Better lakes in the area for these. I have never caught a lake trout, but i do know the DNR was thinking about stopping stocking them cause none were living. Anyone know what they did here? The lake is deffinately deep and cold. The days spent tubing in early June cause some chattering teeth and painful time with my dad kicking our butts. Oh, the good ol days.

As far as I know their still dumping Lakers in there and they have been dumping wallys in there also...Your right, the pannie do seem to be on the smaller side...and wormy..weird lake.

In 2004 20,000 lakers put in. I believe the dnr is getting close to ending this stocking program because the lakers do not show up in test nets unless they are recently stocked. Some are caught on occation. I have not had much of problem with wormy panfish. I don,t spend a lot of time in the high traffic panny spots though. If I,m out with little kids I,ll take em out to Woods bay for crappies in the spring. Lots of little crappies and an occational wally or northern on a crappie minnow. My dad caught a 30'post spawn walleye last spring on a crappie jig and minnow. Tough lake to fish but a trophy is always possible.