• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

IFINDER QUESTION

jigeye

Question

I just got a sweet deal on a Map and Music Ifinder that I couldn't pass up. According to the Lowrance website this unit has the same capabilities as the H20 and is just as waterproof. Does anyone have experience with this unit?

Thanks.

6 answers to this question

I thought about getting that one also, I would imagine it's going to be a good unit like the rest.

Let us know how it works out for you.

How is the sound quality.?

It's no Ipod but doesn't sound bad. I don't see myself using the music player much. Boy it sure locks in to satellite's fast. Even in my house it locked in in less than a minute. I have a Magellan Sportrak Map that I'm comparing it to and so far it's way faster. I need to purchase the mapping software and card reader next. I want software that has lake data and street data on it. Doesn't look like I'll get much lake detail from the MapCreate software so I'll need to purchase either the Lakemaster chips or Hopmaps software for this.

Where do you fish mainly?

The LakeMaster Minnesota Chip has great road mapping, the

Navionics Chips do not.

Both have new Chips with new lakes the Nav chip is out already the New Lakemaster Chip is due out this summer I believe.

I have the LakeMaster Mn chip and could not be happier.

I mainly fish Minnesota lakes. I fish the Canada side of LOTW also. I probably use it more for traveling then I do for fishing.

If the traveling is in Minnesota the LakeMaster chip would work good if traveling elsewhere MapCreate would be another option.

I recently got a good price on a Map and music. After using it for a while I really got the hang of it. I am still use to the garmin map 76 which has all of the capabilities as the ifinder. but twice the price. I recommend using the Ifinder with the lakemaster chip. you can't go wrong.